What's new

Sir Jony Ive’s iOS 7 Set to Usher in Big Changes in Design

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
4141-iphone-4s.JPG

According to 9to5 Mac’s sources, we could be in for a bit of a shock when Apple release iOS 7 (codenamed “Innsbruck,”), which will be the first iOS version to come from Sir Jony Ive’s leadership of the team. The report says that “multiple” people who have either seen or been officially briefed on iOS 7 says that its completely redesigned interface will be appealing to new iOS users, but in turn might be a bit unsettling for those who know and love the familiar old iOS interface. 9to5 Mac says that the new look is “very, very flat,” without any of the previous “gloss, shine, and skeumorphism” of the current iOS design. Even more worryingly, another of 9to5 Mac’s sources says that iOS 7 will have a flat look similar to that of Microsoft’s Windows Phone Metro. Apparently, in terms of iOS 7, “flat” means that the look will be very simple, without the sort of skeumorphic look of diaries and notebooks that look exactly like real-life diaries and notebooks. If true, this could be a risky move for Apple, as some might say that the skeumorphic look is one of the things that makes iOS so appealing and sets it apart from other smartphone OS interfaces. Others might say that it’s time for a change, however. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Source:[/FONT] Jony Ive paints a fresh, yet familiar, look for iOS 7 | 9to5Mac

If Ive's planning on swapping the UI, I think it'd be a safer bet to make it changeable and take a poll within the first several iOS 7 updates to see what the users think about the change.

Correction, do I really think Ive will allow us to choose :p

Correction, do I really think Ive will allow us to choose :p

It's possible..

What do you think of all this, Jon?
Do you think this will be a UI overhaul and a behavior overhaul, or just a UI overhaul?

Personally, I just can't help to think it'll only be UI..

UI only most likely. Who knows, we'll have to wait for a beta release and a final statement by Ive before we can fully say. But am really interested to see what Ive brings together.

UI only most likely. Who knows, we'll have to wait for a beta release and a final statement by Ive before we can fully say. But am really interested to see what Ive brings together.

I hear you.
Your a developer too, right?
I keep checking for betas. Lol.

Yup. Been looking for a release. Ive, why you keep stalling!!!

Change is good. Every iOS that came out almost looks exactly like the last one albeit some very minor changes. I for one will surely like if the new iOS will look less skeumorphic. I have been jailbreaking my iPhones and getting themes that look minimalistic so this is a welcome change for me.

Plus ... Sir Ive, the one who designs the sexy apple products sure can't go wrong. Trust in Ive!