What's new

Since 9.1 update...phone & screen issues.

Helium2

Reaction score
iPhone6
Since the update last week I am seeing graphics issues...
The botton or top 1/8" of the background lock screen is distorted sometimes.
2 or 3 times it looks as if there are several app screens open at once and are mixed together.
Also when I unlock the phone I'm seeing the search page upside down...once or twice.
Once or twice, when I unlock the phone, the phone app is open and appears to have a call in progress but there is not one in progress.
Yesterday 2 calls from the same number resulted in me hearing my voice with about a .5 second delay but nobody on the other end. The call was from a valid number & I was expecting the call.
:mad::mad::mad::mad:
If I can't trust this phone...well you figure out what I will do.

Try resetting your iPhone: press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both, your iPhone will power up on it's own. This kind of reset won't remove data or change settings, it might resolve some of the problems you're experiencing.

In case you were updating over the air (on your iPhone, in Settings - General - Software Update), connect your device to iTunes (computer) and restore it. Make sure there's a recent backup before you do so. Restoring via iTunes will install a completely new/fresh version of the software, which might also help with some of your issues.
After restoring, reset the iPhone, as described above.

It's also possible that your problems are result of a hardware issue. If possible, take your device to the next Apple Retail Store, and let them take a look at it.

Thanks J.A.
I always update thru iTunes. Saves time.
I tried the two-button reset. I'll see what happens and post back here.

Hi Helium2
What happened l am curious?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Things still seem a bit wonky.
The other day I had to use the Reset to end a phone connection that wouldn't die.
Another item: When I took my phone out of my pocket there was a login window for my Apple account & it was asking for my password. I don't access my Apple account from my phone if I can help it & I don't know what app was asking.
I haven't installed anything new.
My phone was rock-solid before upgrading straight from 9.0 to 9.1.
It also seems to me that the touch screen is overly-sensitive since the update.
General weirdness. :confused:
The nearest Apple store is 30 miles away so I haven't found the time to take the phone in to have it looked at.

Last edited:
I'm in doubt this will help, but you can try this: set back your iPhone to factory settings, don't restore from a backup, and see if the problems persist. If it doesn't help, there'll be no harm done, just make sure you have a recent backup, before you erase your device.

If there's no change of the situation, it's time to visit the next Apple Store.

It would be easier for me to drive to the Apple store than to have to rebuild email accounts, etc.
My last backup was just before I updated to 9.1
I'm seriously considering restoring that backup.

This won't revert your software to iOS 8x. It's possible that you still face the same problem afterwards.

I don't have a backup to 8x
it's 9.0

Sorry! This was a misunderstanding.

Your software will stay 9.1, in spite of a backup to a previous version. That's what I meant.

Oh
Thanks.
I'm still not going to all the hassle of a factory reset until I've ruled out hardware issues.

Have you tried settings>general>reset>reset all settings i had to do this after the ios 9 upgrade. You will lose configuration settings like wifi and passport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What else does it reset?
What is the difference between that and the factory reset?

A factory reset erases your iPhone, whereas reset all settings sets your settings back to default, but doesn't remove images, music, ...

Ah.
hoben2 said "You will lose configuration settings like wifi and passport"
What about wifi passwords, bluetooth, etc?