What's new

SIM Free

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
If you buy an 8 Plus that is unlocked (not locked to any specific carrier), it apparently does not come with a SIM card (?). How much is the SIM Card?

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong. You would have to get it from your carrier

Oh. Have you any idea about how much they cost?

That I don’t know, your carrier should have it listed online.

Okay, thanks. I was looking at the prices on the 11. With the max memory, you are going to pay almost $1K. That is insane!

Another question about 8 Plus....it has no headphone outlet to plug in headphones?? What do they expect you to do play and listen to everything so that everyone around you can hear it??

Okay, thanks. I was looking at the prices on the 11. With the max memory, you are going to pay almost $1K. That is insane!

Another question about 8 Plus....it has no headphone outlet to plug in headphones?? What do they expect you to do play and listen to everything so that everyone around you can hear it??
The newer iPhones come with EarPods that connect to the Lightning port. You can also buy a Lightning to headphone port adapter to use conventional headphones.
A SIM card by itself would cost in the region of $10.00.

Thanks, scifan57. I have no familiarity with Lightening anything, but I believe you. It just occurred to me that I should be able to remove the sim card from my 5s to put in an 8, yes?

I finally confirmed the store has a battery for my 5s. I just need to make the decision to either put in a new battery or bite the bullet and buy a new phone.

Anyone have any advise on memory? I was told years ago to always go for the maximum amount of memory you can get in a device. I am not sure how much memory my 5s has, though. You forget a lot of stuff 6+ years after purchase.

To check the storage capacity of your iPhone 5S go to Settings>General>About and go down the listing for Capacity.

It is 64GB of which I have used about 27. I had some CDs that I planned to upload to it but never did. So, I guess the only things on it is photos.

If you get a new battery put in your 5S, you will at least have a spare and give yourself time to decide about your next phone.