What's new

Sim card question.

J

Janset

Hi all.

Can anyone please tell me where"Contact" are stored on this iPhone, are they saved on the Sim card or into the phones memory?

Can I choose as to where they are to be saved?

Regards

Contacts are saved on the iPhone's physical memory... there isn't an option to save them on the SIM card.

There is a tweak in cydia called SIManager which claims you can copy contacts to/from sim.Check it out.Not working on A5 devices though.

Last edited:
Hi guys.

My phone is not hacked so I can not use your suggested program. I guess it will just have to be a hand job! Ooops, did I really say that? :p

Regards

You can do a jb,get ur number copied and restore the iPhone,it will be like new
Soo there is an option...

Ps:hand job very funny :)

Well what has happened so far?

I did a restore (actually a number of restores) of the phone which gave me new phone status. The iphone decided to install all my iPad APPs onto the phone as it sync'd with my "iPad" backup, would you believe! This was not my actual intention, but now that they are all on I kind of like it, so go figure.

Anyway I am satisfied with it so far. The only thing that I would liked to have happen is to get the phone directory off my Samsung Fix S2 Sim card and onto the iPhone.

I tried swapping the Sim cards but when I connected to iTunes, up came a banner to tell me that the Sim card was not compatible with the iPhone!!!
So it looks like I have come to a dead halt.

I suspect that the Sim in the iPhone is a 3G card and the one in the Samsung is a Next G and that may be the reason for the incompatibility and why they will not play nicely with each other.

In the next few days I will try a Telstra shop and see if they came access the phone numbers on the Samsung Sim and load them onto the iPhone. Maybe their magic is more powerful than mine.

Regards

iTunes gives you the option to sync contacts with Google Contacts,Windows Contacts or Yahoo! Address Book.....if you have an account or create an account with one of these...... firstly sync your Samsung phone contacts over, and then link your iPhone to one of the accounts(through iTunes) to sync contacts back to iPhone