What's new

Silver rings under charger port

leeballleeball

Reaction score
How important are those silver rings under the charger port

I have changed 6 iPhone frames and never kept those silver rings. All 6 phones have battery issues now

Are they related ??

Thanks

Every part of an iPhone serves an important purpose. It's not recommended to leave out any parts when reassembling an iPhone. It's possible that leaving out those parts is the cause of your problems. Do you have any photos of the parts in question?

Have attached photo

That's the only thing I can think that is causing it

I couldn't have damaged all 6 phones

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 511
Have attached photo

That's the only thing I can think that is causing it

I couldn't have damaged all 6 phones

Thanks
They look like split rings. If you can get replacements, put them in position and see if that solves the problems.

Those rings are very important for proper placement, circuit board tension on the charger connector inside the iPhone. If left out of the iPhone, it will cause the circuit board to flex slightly every time the charger is connected. After time, this constant flexing of the circuit board will cause a bad solder joint to occur and failure of the charging port.

Every single nut, clip, screw, spacer is needed for proper long term reliability of the iPhone, or any smart phone for that matter. Leave one part out, and problems can and will happen.

Thanks for your response

Do you think that could cause the battery problem

That's the only thing I can think of for all of the phones

They are needed for plug alignment. Without them, the charge cord is on an angle and does not charge properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk