What's new

shsh blobs

angellonewolf

Reaction score
how do i update the shsh i have a iphone 4 with blobs from 4.1 to 5.1.1 and 6.0.1 i keep loging in to cydia but it never seams to add any more

how can i keep upto date with shsh blobs

what have it got to do ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Use TinyUmbrella and pull the blobs from Cydia. Sometimes Cydia doesn't display all of the SHSH you actually have on file. Pulling them to your computer with TinyUmbrella is the only way to know for sure.

i have used TinyUmbrella and it said there is only up to 6.0.1. how do i get 6.1.3 shsh blob that is available now added with out updating my phone ? i know i missed the 6.1 and 6.1.2 but if i keep missing them i am sure my phone did cheak and add when there a new ios when i just opened cydia

Last edited:
i have used TinyUmbrella and it said there is only up to 6.0.1. how do i get 6.1.3 shsh blob that is available now added with out updating my phone ? i know i missed the 6.1 and 6.1.2 but if i keep missing them i am sure my phone did cheak and add when there a new ios when i just opened cydia

You can't without upgrading, besides what's the point in having .3 blobs if its not jailbreakable?

because later when it jailbrake able i can then upgrade with luck

do not think that will happen. according to saurik and others the remaining exploits that apple has not plugged will be used on ios 7 no need in wasting the potential for another jailbreak on 6.1.3 when apple has ios 7 in there sights.

semaphore would need to update TinyUmbrella before you could save your 6.1.3 blobs. But as others have pointed out, there's no point as 6.1.3 will likely never be jailbreakable(unless a future jailbreak is backwards compatible)

You can use RedSn0w to save the blobs. You'll however need to have the iOS 6.1.3 IPSW handy unless Cydia has already auto-saved them for you.

You can't without upgrading, besides what's the point in having .3 blobs if its not jailbreakable?

You don't have to be on a particular iOS version to get the blobs for it. Apple does have to be signing the iOS version, though.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

that what i am asking does cydia cheak for updated blobs from apple when you open cydia now and again as i do not seam to have any blobs since 6.0.1

thanks angel

You don't have to be on a particular iOS version to get the blobs for it. Apple does have to be signing the iOS version, though.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

I thought blobs were phone specific? So why wouldn't you need to be on that iOS to save them?

And for current SHSH blobs, they're retrieved from Apple. So if you want your iOS 6.1.3 blobs saved at this very moment, they're taken off of Apple's servers, not Cydia's. You can retrieve blobs for your device even though it's not on that specific iOS if its being signed. If you had to be on that iOS to get the blobs, you wouldn't be able to upgrade your iOS using iTunes. The blobs are basically "generated" for your device when an iOS upgrade is made available. Before Apple can release an iOS, they'll need to create the blobs so that users can upgrade to that iOS.

You don't need to stitch your own blobs and such for the latest iOS that's being signed because they're retrieved and used during the verifying Apple software process. To put it simply, regardless of what iOS you're trying to restore to, either custom or stock, SHSH blobs are being used one way or another.

Again, you won't be able to get the 6.1.3 blobs until TinyUmbrella is updated. Also, there is no point since 6.1.3 is still being signed and is not, and will likely never be, jailbreakable(which is likely the reason semaphore hasn't updated TU yet to support 6.1.3).