What's new

Should we upgrade to 6.1

mach1man

Reaction score
I want to jailbreak my phone, when its possible. Right now I'm on 6.0.2, I've been reading that the newest jailbreak tool will work for 6.1 so since 6.1 released yesterday should I upgrade to it?

The next jailbreak will support 22 devices excluding the AppleTV3 on iOS 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2 and 6.1, so it doesn't really matter which iOS you're on, you'll still be able to jailbreak it.

Umm I thought it was not going to support tv3 I pretty sure I read a tweet that it still won't work on it

The next jailbreak will support 22 devices excluding the AppleTV3 on iOS 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2 and 6.1, so it doesn't really matter which iOS you're on, you'll still be able to jailbreak it.

Umm I thought it was not going to support tv3 I pretty sure I read a tweet that it still won't work on it
"... excluding the Apple TV3..."

It's hinted that it'll be released on the weekend, give or take.

Heard not supporting Apple TV 3. And that release is most likely this Sunday, Super Bowl Sunday

Anyone heard anything about this jailbreak that's meant to be released today?

Looks like its called Evasion and is 85% done at the moment meaning jb is immenint ? Can anyone clarify that it will be Evasion that we use and this is not another 1 of those scam jobs, cheers.

http://evasi0n.com/

that's the offial site.. 85% don't mean today.. it was at 80% all day yesterday, just changed to 85% this morning

Good full day of testing. Found some weird edge cases, but they're resolved. Still need to test on many other device/firmware combos

Last edited:
It says ios 6.0 running through 6.1 ? So what should we be upgrading to ? 6.1 ?

jockmcd said:
It says ios 6.0 running through 6.1 ? So what should we be upgrading to ? 6.1 ?

Yes, you can safely update to iOS 6.1 and wait for the jailbreak.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

If i upgrade ota from 6.0 - 6.1 will iloose photos/videos ?

no.. don't update ota if u ever want to be able to restore to the same ios in the future, blobs won't work