What's new

Should i jailbreak?

TavrosNitram

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4s and I'm really intrigued by all the features jailbreaking gives you so I thought I should buy I'm scared about what will happen to the phone in general. I don't care about warranty since I didn't have any to begin with. But what about my current apple id which I spent tons of money on and will it make my iPhone any slower? If I decide to jailbreak will all my current apps and music and data in general be deleted? And lastly what is the best jailbreak out there for ios 5.1.1?

Nothing will happen to your apple id or any apps or music on your phone, I think of the jailbreak as an add on to the idevice. I'm on 5.1.1 jailbreak on iPhone 4s and used absinthe 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak. The jailbreak doesn't slow the iPhone down but the apps you download can (just depends on which and how many tweaks or apps you download).

Sent from the T-800

I have an iPhone 4s and I'm really intrigued by all the features jailbreaking gives you so I thought I should buy I'm scared about what will happen to the phone in general. I don't care about warranty since I didn't have any to begin with. But what about my current apple id which I spent tons of money on and will it make my iPhone any slower? If I decide to jailbreak will all my current apps and music and data in general be deleted? And lastly what is the best jailbreak out there for ios 5.1.1?

hope this will help-
Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure?
|
What is jailbreaking? |

Just don't go mad downloading tons of tweaks. Do Some homework on them to ensure their are no Conflicts.

I found theming to slow down my iPhone 4.

I'm now at the other spectrum as the 4 was stolen and am now using a stock 4s with no lag which is a breath of fresh air although to add some balance some users didn't experience any lag at all !

TavrosNitram said:

I noticed you said "buy".

Never pay for a jailbreak.

You can jailbreak your iPhone 4S with the tools from the these 2 sites *only*:

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/(redsn0w...the best jailbreak tool of them all)

greenpois0n.com/(Absinthe).

And they are 100% free.

IMHO Redsn0w is better..and seems to jailbreak slightly faster then Absinthe.

Yeah, never pay for a jailbreak. With the tools and tutorials out there it makes jailbreaking easy as pie and if you run into any problems I'm sure you will find the answer on these forums. I also prefer redsn0w.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Absinthe is the best choice for a person new to jail breaking. Just open and click the jailbreak button and you're done. Also, I say jailbreak it. It makes the phone a lot more fun and customizable.