What's new

Should Apple carry on supporting older iDevices?

Software

Reaction score
What do you think should Apple carry on supporting older iOS devices? After all, they are not powerful enough to hold higher iOS' than their own iOS, what do you think? Do you think Apple should give their devices a second chance and allow iPhones' to be modified by selling skins, screens, processors? If Apple sold processors, I would purchase the 4S and buy the 5 processor and it'd be awesome! Do you think Apple should carry on supporting older devices, most apps have framework which aren't developed for that certain device, do you think they should go back to older frameworks?

Many thanks,
Software

If that's the case, then you would have more cases of stealing and such, then people would swap it out and such. Plus they would have to invest more manpower and resources into keeping those older devices maintained. Plus there is a lifespan for each device, such as technological advancement, so they wouldn't want something like the iPhone 2G around since the "motherboard" isn't compatible with other hardware and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

If that's the case, then you would have more cases of stealing and such, then people would swap it out and such. Plus they would have to invest more manpower and resources into keeping those older devices maintained. Plus there is a lifespan for each device, such as technological advancement, so they wouldn't want something like the iPhone 2G around since the "motherboard" isn't compatible with other hardware and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 
Agreed but it's nice to share opinions, if there were motherboards and CPUs in the market, I'd turn my 3GS into a 5 by just purchasing a Retina Screen for it and installing it, the iPhone 5's motherboard and CPU and if possible I'd even get Siri to work on it! I'd carry on doing this for years, I'd even insert a Flash light & a better camera!

Many Thanks,
Software