What's new

Shenmue Town Could be Coming to iOS

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
shenmue.jpg

Great news on Gamasutra today if you’re a massive Shenmue fan like me and have been waiting for the classic Dreamcast game series to re-emerge in some form. Gamasutra actually talked to the great Yu Suzuki, Shenmue’s creator, at the Game Developer’s Conference, where he told them that Shenmue Town (Shenmue Gai in Japan), may well be getting ported over to the App Store. According to Gamasutra, Shenmue Town was originally made for Yahoo’s mobile apps, and a Japanese portal, but Suzuki revealed he is looking to take the game over to the smartphone market.

“From the start, I’ve been thinking of this as a multiplatform game,” he told Gamasutra. “So I’m thinking about smartphone strategies right now.”

Gamasutra notes that this latest instalment in the Shenmue franchise had initially been referred to as Shenmue City by the press, but Suzuki told Gamasutra that the word “City” is too big for the game, which is why he’s started calling it “Shenmue Town”. Whatever it’s called, I hope he gets it into the App Store pronto!

Source: Gamasutra - News - GDC 2011: Shenmue Town Likely Getting Smartphone Port, Says Suzuki