What's new

setup.app problem

denise1624

Reaction score
i succesfully jailbroke my iphone 4 on 6.1.3. but i couldn't get past the activation screen so i deleted the setup.app off the iphone. i moved a copy over to my desktop. i just now learned that i can hacktivate my iphone so i hacktivated it and put the setup.app back.. but now everytime i put the setup.app back to where it was i get the apple logo and my phone wont show the lockscreen. it's recognized by my computer as on but i cant see anything, please help

If you hackivated it you don't need it back on your phone. It has no intrinsic value

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

but imessage and facetime don't want to work and i could't restore when i tried to use custom ipsw. so i couldn't do the hacktivate

Last edited:
Normally you won't turn your device off completely or restart it anyways, so you have the option to opt for a semi-tethered jailbreak on 6.1.3. It'll hacktivate it in the process so you'll retain the Apple services still, and you'll have it activated as well for use. As usual, the only downside is that you need a computer if you ever decide to turn it off or reboot it, but you'll still have access to the bare basics.

how do i get imessage and facetime to work? they wont turn on for me