What's new

Setting up voicemail

kevin_gray

Reaction score
i am new to the iphone world and and up until now very happy, however i have made repeated attempts to set up my voicemail. after each attempt the setup is good for a few minutes but when i try and access voicemail it goes starightback to the set up page again. what am i doing wrong?

Just call it by pressing and holding the #1 key then go thru the setup. I have found it's best to remove the passcode. After that it should be fine.

Just call it by pressing and holding the #1 key then go thru the setup. I have found it's best to remove the passcode. After that it should be fine.

I have exactly the same problem as Kevin! What do you mean the #1 key? How does that work??

I have exactly the same problem as Kevin! What do you mean the #1 key? How does that work??

Just like your about to dial a number on the keypad. Press and hold the 1 it will then call your voicemail and you can complete the setup. I found it helps to set a new password then go to the voicemail tab and enter the new one there.

Just like your about to dial a number on the keypad. Press and hold the 1 it will then call your voicemail and you can complete the setup. I found it helps to set a new password then go to the voicemail tab and enter the new one there.

Damn it. I tried the above but it just doesnt work. I turned the pin on and off and it still asks for a new pin and greeting to be setup every-time when I press the voicemail tab! Surely apple must known of this bug when they released iOS 4.1?

Call apple they will walk you thru the setup. If it's an issue with AT&T they will tell you so you can fix it.

Did you purchase a Data Plan when you bought your iPhone? I had to get an ATT Data Plan for me to set up Voice Mail on my secondary iPhone. After that setting up voice mail was simple and as expected.

I don't think your iPhone's voice mail can be made to work without a Data Plan. You can verify this with your service provider (ATT/Verison/Other Carrier); just one more way to get more money from you and me.

bc

All iPhone users can’t backup the contacts and SMS messages to anywhere until the SMS box is full, then you have to delete all of them to prevent iPhone rejecting new SMS receiving.
Use guide:How to backup Iphone4 Contacts/Text Messages/photos and videos to computer?
Keep your iPhone Contacts and SMS safe! Actually, the contacts and SMS have more values than a cell phone’s own value. You can pay money to buy a new iPhone, but can not buy your lost contacts and SMS back. So it’s important for you to backup your contacts and SMS from iPhone to computer, and protecting the contacts and SMS messages with a password to keep your privacy.

Greetings,
I notice that software “Cucusoft iPhone Tool Kit ”
can backup and transfer to computer.
But it says nothing about RESTORE from computer to iphone.
Can it do this?
Thanks...Vernon