What's new

September 12 iPhone Launch Looking Increasingly Likely

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
7591-inventory-components.JPG

Following on from yesterday’s iMore scoop that Apple would be holding a special event on September 12 to launch the next iPhone, and possibly the iPad mini and iPod nano, the always excellently sourced John Paczkowski at AllThingsD writes that he has confirmed with his sources that Apple is indeed planning a special event for the week of September 9, with the actual day of the event most likely to be Wednesday September 12. Paczkowski says that although he has not yet determined the reason for the event, he believes that it will be for the next iPhone. What he can confirm, however, is that Apple is getting ready for a big production push in the fall, and he provides a graph of Apple’s inventory components prepayments as evidence of this. According to the figures from Apple’s 10-Q filing, its prepayments for inventory components rose by $1.15 billion in the June quarter, which is Apple’s highest prepayment level for four years.

Source: Apple Stocks Up on Components for September iPhone Launch - John Paczkowski - News - AllThingsD

It better be good!! Or I am not upgrading!! Especially if I have to buy yet another product to make all my other products work! Disappointed in Apple, if in fact they change the size of the Dock connection for no good reason!! It's a Marketing ploy to make More Money!! Really?? Apple needs more money??

your patience will be rewarded soon :)

Agreed! £700 for the 64GB unlocked version lol thats what it is not so it will probably be the same again but this time the white version instead of the black if they release them at the same time unless they have problems with the white version again

Agreed! £700 for the 64GB unlocked version lol thats what it is not so it will probably be the same again but this time the white version instead of the black if they release them at the same time unless they have problems with the white version again
what sort of problems did they have with the white one? i fancy white this time.

what sort of problems did they have with the white one? i fancy white this time.

I am not 100% sure but they had some kind of problem manufacturing it so it ended up being released a lot later then the black version and some did wait for the white but a lot of ppl did not want to wait. we'll see. but I will probably pre order it the moment its available for pre order. having a 64GB model will be so good! atm I cant download any more app store games as i have no space even after deleting a tone of stuff.

I am not 100% sure but they had some kind of problem manufacturing it so it ended up being released a lot later then the black version and some did wait for the white but a lot of ppl did not want to wait. we'll see. but I will probably pre order it the moment its available for pre order. having a 64GB model will be so good! atm I cant download any more app store games as i have no space even after deleting a tone of stuff.
i ordered my 4s on release day and white was available too so hopefully it wont be a problem,im so looking forward to it.

i ordered my 4s on release day and white was available too so hopefully it wont be a problem,im so looking forward to it.

That was the plus side to the design being the same as the 4 because they had problems with the 4 they had resolved any issues long before the 4S was released so it was not a problem for apple to produce the phone in white on release day.

That was the plus side to the design being the same as the 4 because they had problems with the 4 they had resolved any issues long before the 4S was released so it was not a problem for apple to produce the phone in white on release day.
fingers crossed then,i definitely dont want black again.

I think I'll be going for white next time so it matches my iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

How many 4S 64g will be available after the new phone is released!! And for how long??

Poisonivy said:

If I remember correctly some of the white models had a blue tint in the display, which threw all of the colors off a bit. I got the white model but mine doesn't have that issue, Though I purchased mine rather late in the game.