What's new

Senneiser CX-300 Earbuds

jen724

Reaction score
I ordered the Senneiser CX-300 Earbuds in the hope they would improve on the stock ones that came with my iPhone-4. In short, they don’t.

Specifically, I was looking for more bass. Several of the reviews I read mentioned the strength of the bass, and the manufacturer’s website hyped them as “bass driven”. Not only didn’t they improve on bass, I think the overall sound is generally inferior to the stock earbuds. I did many side-by-side comparisons, tried the 3 different earbuds that came with the CX-300, tried it with the iPod bass-boost both on and off, made sure the jack was fully inserted, etc. It just didn’t matter – the stock earbuds sounded better.

I know these aren’t expensive, but if you’re looking for something to improve on the stock earbuds, these aren’t it.

I ordered the Senneiser CX-300 Earbuds in the hope they would improve on the stock ones that came with my iPhone-4. In short, they don’t.

Specifically, I was looking for more bass. Several of the reviews I read mentioned the strength of the bass, and the manufacturer’s website hyped them as “bass driven”. Not only didn’t they improve on bass, I think the overall sound is generally inferior to the stock earbuds. I did many side-by-side comparisons, tried the 3 different earbuds that came with the CX-300, tried it with the iPod bass-boost both on and off, made sure the jack was fully inserted, etc. It just didn’t matter – the stock earbuds sounded better.

I know these aren’t expensive, but if you’re looking for something to improve on the stock earbuds, these aren’t it.

Well, I know my friend has the Turbines which are rated in the top 3 best in-ear headphones
and he says that the more you use the in-ear the better the bass will gradually get because of the small drivers there being so compact.
because Sennheisser usually has some great products o_O

and if you want bass you should've gotten some over the ear headphones