What's new

Sending individual calls directly to voicemail???

cuskit

Reaction score
Coming from the Android world, I find the iPhone5 to be better in some ways and others not so good. In particular - one feature that I miss (hoping someone here can prove me wrong) is the ability to set up my contacts list with the option to send certain calls directly to voicemail (without any action on my part). On my Droid I merely selected the contact, clicked on "options" and there I was presented with the choice of sending any calls from that particular contact directly to voicemail. I found that very convenient for certain situations and would love to be able to do it on my iPhone5. To date I have not found a solution. I am aware of "do not disturb" and allowing only favorites to filter through while sending others directly to voicemail, but though that works great to stop business calls from ringing for me after hours, it does not allow me to set up for just a single (or a couple) contacts that I may not wish to have to physically respond to at any given time.

Can anybody offer any advice or direct me to a way of doing this? Or is it just not available on iOS6?

You have to be jailbroke to do that and currently there isnt a jailbreak for the iP5

The only way I can think of is to create a silent ringtone and assign it to that contact. Then, you'll never hear the call ring - your phone will send the caller to voice mail without your input.

Of course, that only works if you ALWAYS want that person sent to voice mail (as the ringtone won't change for them until you change it).

Marilyn

Thanks Marilyn - did not think of that. But as you mention - that's more a permanent solution. I'm looking for an occasional situation and I'd probably forget to ever change that callers ring tone back again! ;) mike