What's new

Selling my 4s but it's acting up. Warranty question.

Snowrage

Reaction score
I recently downgraded to a cheaper phone and now trying to sell my 4s Sprint phone. I reset it and put it up for auction. Suddenly the phone won't start up in the morning. If I press both buttons it starts up fine and starts up throughout the day, but the next morning same thing happens. It is fully charged. This never happened before. I rarely used the phone and only charged it a few times a week (which is why I decided to downgrade). I'm just concerned there's a battery problem or something. I don't want to sell a crap phone and risk getting a negative rating. It's only 9 months old. Is it still under warranty if I already switched to a different phone? I'll take it to a Sprint store tomorrow, but I thought I'd ask here first.

I recently downgraded to a cheaper phone and now trying to sell my 4s Sprint phone. I reset it and put it up for auction. Suddenly the phone won't start up in the morning. If I press both buttons it starts up fine and starts up throughout the day, but the next morning same thing happens. It is fully charged. This never happened before. I rarely used the phone and only charged it a few times a week (which is why I decided to downgrade). I'm just concerned there's a battery problem or something. I don't want to sell a crap phone and risk getting a negative rating. It's only 9 months old. Is it still under warranty if I already switched to a different phone? I'll take it to a Sprint store tomorrow, but I thought I'd ask here first.
If you bought your phone only 9 months ago it is most definitely still under warranty. All iPhones have a 12 month warranty. If you have an Apple store nearby, you could also take the iPhone there for a Genius Bar appointment. Your problem is not normal and should be covered under warranty. They will run a full diagnostic on the phone and if they determine that the problem is a warranty issue, they will either repair the defect or give you a replacement phone.

Okay, will do. I was thinking if I took it back to the Sprint store they'd tell me they can't service it because the phone is no longer under my service contract. Not sure how that works really. I don't like this Sprint store anyway. I'll take it to Apple and see what they say. Thanks!