What's new

screentime

terrence chaplin

Reaction score
after an update all of a sudden screen time is activated with a pin?? now since i do no know the pin , i cannot shut it off so now at 10pm y phone is useless to me!! how can i fix this.I live alone??

i do not or did not know what screen time is? this was activated right after an upgrade. now I am locked out from 10pm til 7am. and whn I go to disable or turn of it keeps asking for the pin and in the red box there is always a whole mess of attempts which i did not do ?? this ws my first time ever opening this app, so why are there attempts in there? so I tried to do a pin i have used before and when I did it once it locked me for 30 minutes. can this be fixed? thank you. i chcked online and many of the videos are done by foks i cannot understand or hear or other videos where they do not speak?? so another one the guys clicks so fast without speaking !! I gave up!!

Last edited:
Your iPhone did not set a screen time password by itself. A simple update cannot do what you’ve described. Someone had to have access to your iPhone in order to do it.
The one sure way to get rid of the password is to erase your iphone and set it up as a new iPhone. This will result in losing all the data on the iPhone but restoring from a backup will just put the password back on the iPhone. If you can manually transfer any content from the iPhone to your computer do so before erasing it.

well, this is mysterious? i live alone and my phone is always in my pocket! this being said, I see those impossible to follow videos on you tube. is there a way to fix this without erasing this??why did they make an app with no options to change or edit the passwords and pins?? stupid!

The reason you can’t get rid of the password without erasing the iPhone is security. If there were an easy way to bypass a password you wouldn’t have much security.
If you still have access to the rest of the iPhone when not locked out by Screentime. Transfer as much as possible from your iPhone, such as photos, videos and any important documents. This is because you’ll have to set up your iPhone as a new iPhone to make sure that password doesn’t come back.

I still cannot figure how an app I never knew exixsted has a pin lock now out of the blue?? phone never left my possession!! I have no clue how to move stuff. I am learnig but wow! could have at least gave us a change password fix? this is not the gateway to a nuclear site , it is only a phone!!jeez! thanks.my computer is a nightmare itself! i will probably mess this up and never get my stuff back!

I still cannot figure how an app I never knew exixsted has a pin lock now out of the blue?? phone never left my possession!! I have no clue how to move stuff. I am learnig but wow! could have at least gave us a change password fix? this is not the gateway to a nuclear site , it is only a phone!!jeez! thanks.my computer is a nightmare itself! i will probably mess this up and never get my stuff back!
I found a fix on you tube. went into itunes and created a pin for an enchrypted backup then downloaded a program called pinfinder then found the iphone restricted pins through this and then went back to screentime and it worked! now screentime is off no phone reset!!