What's new

Screen self typing random text and opens apps by itself??

kiwiforce

Reaction score
Have just joined the forum and can't see a thread on this so I need help.

Without touching/holding the phone, the screen will start random text filling, open apps, open messages and type random text, make calls all without me touching it.

Any help??

I went to the apple store in Sydney as I live up the coast, got there at 9:30 am. already a 1 hour wait as I didn't know you need an appointment? If there are that many issues with apple products why the hell not put more staff on!!!

I have backed up my phone, loaded the latest version and am ready to reset, any advice before if do this?

Reactions: 933
What you have is almost certainly a failing touchscreen. If your warranty and/or AppleCare+ are expired, you'll probably be charged the screen replacement cost to repair your iPhone if the problem is indeed a failing touchscreen.

Funny you should post this, because last night I went to check on my phone while charging, and it was on a call, an outgoing call that I didn't make. I heard beeping, and when I looked at the screen random numbers on the keypad were being pressed and that was the beeping I heard. I ended the call and everything was fine after that, never did if before and hasn't done it since, but my phone definitely had a mind of it's own last night. Call was to a friend of mine, so I texted to apologize, my phone called all by itself. He said it was weird on his end too. He got the call and it just kept beeping on his end (keypad buttons being pressed).

Anyways, so far it was an individual freak thing. If it happens again I'll have to look into it.

Funny you should post this, because last night I went to check on my phone while charging, and it was on a call, an outgoing call that I didn't make. I heard beeping, and when I looked at the screen random numbers on the keypad were being pressed and that was the beeping I heard. I ended the call and everything was fine after that, never did if before and hasn't done it since, but my phone definitely had a mind of it's own last night. Call was to a friend of mine, so I texted to apologize, my phone called all by itself. He said it was weird on his end too. He got the call and it just kept beeping on his end (keypad buttons being pressed).

Anyways, so far it was an individual freak thing. If it happens again I'll have to look into it.
I hope it's only a one time thing. If it isn't, your iPhone is still under warranty and a defective screen would be replaced at no cost to you.

My 6S Plus has done this twice, random dialing from my contacts. If you didn't catch it it may have hung up and dialed someone else like mine did. I did a reset to clear mine, also it was in the sun standing in front of my dash plugged into the 12V receptical both times. I thought it might be heat related maybe due to dissimilar expansion rates

Having the same issue on my iPhone 6 - it randomly opens photos, or Messages (now adding 2 other apps). It frequently also ignores finger touches. It recognizes buttons, but not the finger on the screen. Just looking at it, it will flick between apps, type random characters, select random contacts, and so on. Possessed! Will be contacting Apple about this - indeed sounds lie the screen itself is going bad.

Having the same issue on my iPhone 6 - it randomly opens photos, or Messages (now adding 2 other apps). It frequently also ignores finger touches. It recognizes buttons, but not the finger on the screen. Just looking at it, it will flick between apps, type random characters, select random contacts, and so on. Possessed! Will be contacting Apple about this - indeed sounds lie the screen itself is going bad.
Considering the repair cost, if the screen has indeed become defective, you may want to consider upgrading to a new iPhone as the iPhone 6 design is almost 4 years old.

Considering the repair cost, if the screen has indeed become defective, you may want to consider upgrading to a new iPhone as the iPhone 6 design is almost 4 years old.

When my 6plus screen failed, six months ago I took Apple up on their $149 "we know these screens suck so here is a break on cost" warranty. was all ready before they dangled that in front of my to go to an 8.

Wish I had. All the 6 plus issues of battery slowness etc are back.

Kick your 6plus to the curb but only after you have backed it up completely. They are born defective.

Now I'm stuck with this pos.

When my 6plus screen failed, six months ago I took Apple up on their $149 "we know these screens suck so here is a break on cost" warranty. was all ready before they dangled that in front of my to go to an 8.

Wish I had. All the 6 plus issues of battery slowness etc are back.

Kick your 6plus to the curb but only after you have backed it up completely. They are born defective.

Now I'm stuck with this pos.
Deciding that all iPhones are defective just because you ended up with a defective one is faulty reasoning and is of no help to the OP.

Deciding that all iPhones are defective just because you ended up with a defective one is faulty reasoning and is of no help to the OP.

I never said that. 6plus screens are known to have higher failure rate than normal. That is well documented.
If they didn't why would Apple provide special coverage for them.

The problem wasn’t the screen but the connection of the TouchIC chip to the logic board. Apple replaced my iPhone for free under AppleCare+.