What's new

Screen Protectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ncage1974

Reaction score
Are all screen protectors pretty much the same? Unless there are a lot better i'd prefer to avoid the wet application ones like the zagg invisible shield. I know my case will come with one (otterbox commuter). Any reason to buy a higher quality one?

I've been searching for awhile and it seems like some of the popular brands are:
Ghost Armor
Wrapsol
SPIGEN SGP
BodyGuardz

I know the screens are pretty scratch resistant already but my previous phone that i had for 2.5 years (gorilla glass) has two scratches that really bug me.

Well, I don't know of the good name brands, but on my 3GS I some how got a bunch of them through eBay. The lastest one that was installed was probably on for a couple of years. I only changed it a couple times because I screwed up the installation(lots of dust) or somehow the corner lifted and got bent. From looking at all the ones I got from different sellers, I say they came from the same manufacturer. Just sitting in a different package. So for me the next batch for my i5 will most likely be from the same place. Hopefully the quality is the same.

Are all screen protectors pretty much the same? Unless there are a lot better i'd prefer to avoid the wet application ones like the zagg invisible shield. I know my case will come with one (otterbox commuter). Any reason to buy a higher quality one?

I've been searching for awhile and it seems like some of the popular brands are:
Ghost Armor
Wrapsol
SPIGEN SGP
BodyGuardz

I know the screens are pretty scratch resistant already but my previous phone that i had for 2.5 years (gorilla glass) has two scratches that really bug me.

I have Ghost Armor on my Xoom and I really like it better than Zagg.

Decided to just order the SPIGEN SGP. Everyone seems to be happy with them.

Search on ebay...they are all pretty much the same... Except zagg...When i had my 4s i got it on ebay for 2 bucks and had it on there for a good year... No problems.... All those screen protector companies are ripping people off

Bestskinsever is another company that has screen protectors I believe they are based on word of mouth advertisement so their pricing is really cheap. I have used them for various phones over the past years and it serves its purpose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am not going to put a screen protector on the face but I might use one on the aluminum back.

I have Ghost Armor on my 4S however the installer covered the mic hole next to the ear phone connector and also found a red lint on the main screen. Not impressed with the install but the protection seems to be good.

Heard from my friends used Imak Screen Protectors brands, the overall feeling is good, the light transmission properties and wear resistance are quite good, with more than a year, and basically did not see what scratches; However their brandlarge

Status
Not open for further replies.