What's new

Screen protector?

HUNTER1

Reaction score
Just got my white 4s and there is a sensor above the front lens and speaker. My iPhone 4 screen protector doesn't have a cutout for that, is that okay? thanks

Just got my white 4s and there is a sensor above the front lens and speaker. My iPhone 4 screen protector doesn't have a cutout for that, is that okay? thanks

Are you talking about the front facing camera just to the left (facing you) of the ear speaker?

I have a black 4S and can't see a sensor above the speaker.

On the white Iphone there is a visible sensor just above the ear piece. I doesn't matter if your screen protector covers that sensor because the black Iphone's isn't visible like the white one and most screen protectors don't have this cut out. I found that ZAGG has this cut out in there new series of screen protectors and i just had one done.

Oh good I can use my old protectors thanks

On the white Iphone there is a visible sensor just above the ear piece. I doesn't matter if your screen protector covers that sensor because the black Iphone's isn't visible like the white one and most screen protectors don't have this cut out. I found that ZAGG has this cut out in there new series of screen protectors and i just had one done.

Any idea what the sensor is for?
I could only guess to sense ambient light to adjust screen brightness

mhawk said:
Any idea what the sensor is for?
I could only guess to sense ambient light to adjust screen brightness

It's the proximity sensor. You are right