What's new

Screen Protector for iPhone 7 Plus

RS17185

Reaction score
On all my previous phones that I have owned, I have always had the some sort of Zagg screen protector installed. It was nice because, If for some reason you need to replace the screen protector, you'd just walk in and pay $5 to get a brand new one installed. I went to there website last night to check pricing for the 7 plus and they start at $25 and go all the way up to $50(!).

Afterwards, I went onto Amazon to check prices and they sell other brands for substantially cheaper, like none of them went over $10. So what I am wondering is, if you go with the Zagg screen protector, are you basically paying for the "Zagg" name? Will any of these Amazon screen protectors work just as good, if not better? Or does the 7 plus even need a screen protector? I'm curious to see what everyone's thought or on this.

If I decide to go with an Amazon screen protector I would probably choose one of the following:

iPhone 7 Plus Screen Protector, Spigen

iPhone 7 Plus Screen Protector, Maxboost

iPhone 7 Plus Glass Screen Protector, Tech Armor

I am not going to pretend to know which is the best one, but l would guess that your next iPhone will be the one that has cost the most. And now you are thinking of saving money on a screen protector. Makes me wonder. If l say Spigen are fantastic and you buy one. The next day you drop your iPhone it cracks, hope you will not blame me.
I say stay with what you know and trust, but then l'm old

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

I am not going to pretend to know which is the best one, but l would guess that your next iPhone will be the one that has cost the most. And now you are thinking of saving money on a screen protector. Makes me wonder. If l say Spigen are fantastic and you buy one. The next day you drop your iPhone it cracks, hope you will not blame me.
I say stay with what you know and trust, but then l'm old

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

You make a very valid point, basically, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I personally skip the screen protectors. The gorilla glass has been great going all the way back to my iPhone 4, and since then I don't waste money protecting the screen.

I also don't bother using any type of case either, as they make it bulky. Screen holds up fine even when it jingles around in my pocket with loose change and my keys. A quick wipe with a microfiber cloth and it's like new.

I personally skip the screen protectors. The gorilla glass has been great going all the way back to my iPhone 4, and since then I don't waste money protecting the screen.

I also don't bother using any type of case either, as they make it bulky. Screen holds up fine even when it jingles around in my pocket with loose change and my keys. A quick wipe with a microfiber cloth and it's like new.
What about the body of your iPhone? Doesn't it get scratched when its jingling around in your pocket?

What about the body of your iPhone? Doesn't it get scratched when its jingling around in your pocket?
It definitely has signs of wear and tear, but nothing excessive.

I've actually dropped it a handful of times on concrete and those nicks are the worst in terms of scars on the housing.

It definitely doesn't look like a brand new phone, but the screen still polishes up nicely.

It definitely has signs of wear and tear, but nothing excessive.

I've actually dropped it a handful of times on concrete and those nicks are the worst in terms of scars on the housing.

It definitely doesn't look like a brand new phone, but the screen still polishes up nicely.
You're not bothered about resale value then?

I snapped som pics with my iPad to show you what I mean. This is a 6 plus with no protection whatsover for the last 2 years. Dropped a dozen times.

IMG_0116.JPG
IMG_0117.JPGIMG_0118.JPG

You're not bothered about resale value then?
Nah, touch disease took care of any potential resale value I had left.

Besides anyone looking to buy an iPhone 6 Plus at this point in time is looking for a bargain. Either way they're gonna low ball you no matter what the phone looks like physically. If you find the right buyer, they might give you an extra $20 for a top notch looking phone. They know they're buying used anyway, even fully wrapped and protected since day one, it's still a used phone and won't fetch anywhere near the original price, so why bother?

It's cumbersome to not be able to enjoy the phone in all it's intended glory. With no cases or protection. Nothing better than going bareback. Trust me. It's refreshing.

Nah, touch disease took care of any potential resale value I had left.

Besides anyone looking to buy an iPhone 6 Plus at this point in time is looking for a bargain. Either way they're gonna low ball you no matter what the phone looks like physically. If you find the right buyer, they might give you an extra $20 for a top notch looking phone. They know they're buying used anyway, even fully wrapped and protected since day one, it's still a used phone and won't fetch anywhere near the original price, so why bother?

It's cumbersome to not be able to enjoy the phone in all it's intended glory. With no cases or protection. Nothing better than going bareback. Trust me. It's refreshing.
I look after my idevices and when I come to sell them they are like new and I get a good price, I get over half of what I paid back which goes towards the next one.
Why pay all that money for a lovely phone and then not take care of it?....Makes no sense to me.

I look after my idevices and when I come to sell them they are like new and I get a good price, I get over half of what I paid back which goes towards the next one.
Why pay all that money for a lovely phone and then not take care of it?....Makes no sense to me.

Even if my phone was immaculate, getting over half of what I paid for it is just a pipe dream. Either you're extremely lucky or have endless patience. Do them math.

I paid $1,075 for iPhone 6 Plus 64GB 2 years ago. Pre-order and all.

Who's gonna pay $600 for that phone today?

Just to give you an idea - In my city (Toronto) a 6S Plus, which is a year newer in the 64GB size could sell for $800 to the right sucker, I mean, buyer.

A 6 Plus in 64 GB maybe 500 asking price in immaculate condition. Realistic offers will come in at 400-450 and lower. If it's got some dings on it, knock off $20. Throw in the touch disease and it's worthless.

It makes sense. It's just math.

Even if my phone was immaculate, getting over half of what I paid for it is just a pipe dream. Either you're extremely lucky or have endless patience. Do them math.
I can assure you I do, I paid £619 for my iPhone 6S Plus and I got £400 for it and that wasn't a private sale.

Like I said.....I look after my devices.