What's new

Screen Cleaning ?

Bob11

Reaction score
Hi,

What do you folks use to clean the screen ?

Liquid, or a dry eye-glass micro fiber cloth, e.g. ?

How about those liquid pre-impregnated cloths; I think they have Alcohol in them ?

And, do you feel those sapphire-glass screen protectors are "necessary" ?

Thanks,
Bob

I have a Tech Armor Pet film screen protector on mine, If you haven't a Micro Fibre cloth is good for cleaning any device screen.
For stubbon marks you can slightly dampen a corner of the cloth with water then finish off with the dry cloth.

Last edited:
The one thing you don't want to do is clean the screen with anything containing alcohol as the alcohol can damage the oleophobic coating on the screen.

I use a Micro Fiber cloth exclusively for my iPhone screen ONLY

I have a screen protector is a little thicker than the 1s I use to buy for my galaxy after I use my iPhone I wipe it off with something soft clothy

You cannot beat white vinegar any day. It's non alcoholic, leaves you device daily like the day you first bought it and it's very very cheap. Spray a little on a clean cloth and clean your phone front and back and see wonders!

I was using vinegar on my phones long before Apple made their first Iphone J A. Try it and you will agree with me but I do agree using lint free like Apple said.

Alkali.

I'm not sure about using vinegar on the Oleophobic coating, Vinegar is acidic.

Vinegar is acidic but not acid. Can something you put your tommy harm your screen? And another thing,does your name poison means you're poisonous?[emoji16]

Alkali.

You can't compare your digestive system with your iPhone's touchscreen. Vinegar is too abrasive for the iPhone's screen.

Last edited:
Vinegar is acidic but not acid. Can something you put your tommy harm your screen? And another thing,does your name poison means you're poisonous?[emoji16]

Alkali.
Vinegar is actually a 5% solution of acetic acid. In its pure form it is highly corrosive and the fumes can cause lung damage. As vinegar it will destroy any coatings on the screen of your phone if used often enough.

Well I beg to disagree. I have been using it since the first iphone way back in 2007 and every other year I go for the newest iphone (not the S version) and have not hard any screen problem whatsoever. I am talking from experience.

Alkali.

Alkali.
I can be.