What's new

samsung vs apple

poeticvibez07

Reaction score
so cnn reported that samsung is issuing its release of the S4 in february and it will have a 5 inch screen rather than the 4. something it has now.

does anyone think that will push apple to make a "5s" model around the same time? its a good 5, 6 months away so i think it could definitely be possible.

i very much doubt it,Apple are never pushed into doing anything.

I think Apple will stick to the yearly release schedule. They sell so many of them they have no real reason to change that.

...does anyone think that will push apple to make a "5s" model around the same time? its a good 5, 6 months away so i think it could definitely be possible.

No, I don't think so. I would expect an iPhone 5(x) sometime around next Sept/Oct. Anything earlier would surprise me...

Yes, Samsung`s bigger screens will be seen as copying the tacktics of Apple. I am sure they will come up with smth new

Dayum, any bigger people would need to carry purses/bags/backapacks just to carry these things around. IMO the current size of the phones are perfect, they fit in most of my pockets.

so cnn reported that samsung is issuing its release of the S4 in february and it will have a 5 inch screen rather than the 4. something it has now.

does anyone think that will push apple to make a "5s" model around the same time? its a good 5, 6 months away so i think it could definitely be possible.
I hope not. Screen sizes are gettng ridiculous.. I don't want to have to buy a tripod just for my iphone. A 4 inch screen is the limit, in my opinion, anything above that is too cumbersome.

it's so funny. Go back to around 2005 and smaller was better. Blackberry was about the largest phone. Now Samsung wants to come out with something over 5 inches. Too big.

I was doubtful that I'd be satisfied with a 4" screen on my Bionic. But the easier typing quickly dispelled that issue. And even though my iPhone 5 has a 4" screen it's a bit smaller then my bionic and I really notice it in typing. I imagine that I'll get use to it. Anyway voice recognition on the iPhone 5 is so far superior to my Bionic I won't be typing as much.

My last phone was the Fascinate and I had it replaced THREE times ! When my contract came up for renewal two days before the iPhone5 .. well .. I jumped. I have the Moto Xoom tablet, bought on launch day 2/24/11 and I couldn't be happier with it. Now, I love my Samsung 3D TV but no way will I buy another Sammy phone or the tablet. Excluding their TVs their hardware isn't as reliable as other makers. Personally, the new Samsung phone is just too big for phone purposes, but I do like the idea of integrating the tablet and the phone for multi tasking while on the tablet .. better than skyping.

When I was on android phones I couldn't see paying more than $299 USD for an android phone because build quality just wasn't worth it in my opinion. My iPhone 4S is the first phone that I was willing to pay more than $300 USD for, the build quality is awesome.. and I'm a cheapskate :) This is also the first phone that continues to amaze me as time goes on.

Professor Xavier said:
I really hope iPhones won't get ridiculously big like the Samsung Note.

Can't see that happening. You may as well walk around with a telephone kiosk strapped to your ear as use one of those things.

My boss has one. It looks ridiculous. His boss has an iPhone.

$image-448239151.jpg