What's new

Samsung Galaxy S 3

aubre34

Reaction score
Is anyone else but me seriously considering switching from iPhone 4 to the Samsung galaxy s3?? That's if Verizon gets it. The specs look amazing but I'm afraid to take the leap!

Take it from me. Samsung devices always look great on paper. The reality is Samsung phones always seem to underwhelm.

Samsung is also notorious for not updating their devices.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

That's true. I had a Fascinate once. No updates, had a horrible lag. I had to do battery pulls and stuff. But this new galaxy 3 looks so appealing!! So you think I'd be sorry later for trading in my iPhone on it?

Don't think the s3 will be as good as the iPhone 5, I think you would be better of waiting for the iPhone 5, apple always do better products than Samsung

That's my dilemma . Do I wait until October for the iPhone 5 or grab the Galaxy s3. I feel like I miss the superficial things about android like the freedom of customization, and frankly not having to pay for apps. I realize this is an iPhone forum so opinions may be biased. So what do u really think of the galaxy s 3?

As a person who has owned several android devices, including a flagship phone, I can honestly say android is slow, unstable and fragmented. The specs may be impressive but that means little if the operating system is a second-rate POS. My iPhone 4S runs circles around my Samsung Vibrant, Evo 4G and Evo View 4G. I'm convinced that the only way to take advantage of the impressive specs of an android phone is to remove android and install iOS, but I don't think that's possible.

iPhone 4S - 16 GB/White/OtterBox Case

honors21 said:
How about the Samsung note Verizon is getting that

I thought they were getting an HTC 5 inch device that will rival the Note. That what I read at least.

ardchoille said:
As a person who has owned several android devices, including a flagship phone, I can honestly say android is slow, unstable and fragmented. The specs may be impressive but that means little if the operating system is a second-rate POS. My iPhone 4S runs circles around my Samsung Vibrant, Evo 4G and Evo View 4G. I'm convinced that the only way to take advantage of the impressive specs of an android phone is to remove android and install iOS, but I don't think that's possible.

iPhone 4S - 16 GB/White/OtterBox Case

Do you anticipate the Galaxy S 3 to be laggy and buggy? I mean if worse comes to worst I could always get my iPhone back. I don't see the harm in trying it out right?

I had a htc sensation I didn't like it, so I bought the galaxy s2 it's not a bad phone it does everything you would want from a mobile phone but I think iPhone is better quality and more reliable

aubre34 said:
Do you anticipate the Galaxy S 3 to be laggy and buggy? I mean if worse comes to worst I could always get my iPhone back. I don't see the harm in trying it out right?

There's never any harm in trying something out. But, if you compare the Galaxy S3 to the iPhone 4S side-by-side, I have a feeling you'll be wanting your iPhone back. And don't forget that the iPhone 5 will supposedly have a 4 inch screen.

Last edited:
Apple are not htc they won't bring the iPhone 5 to the market till the 4s is a year old

I have a feeling I'm gonna want my iPhone back too but it's so hard to ignore wanting that gorgeous galaxy s3. I also have an iPad 2 so I was thinking of having the best of both worlds. iPad and an android phone. So I have iPad for my apple fix, and galaxy s3 for my android fix. What do u think?