What's new

Safari Home Page on iPhone 5

jimmi3

Reaction score
My choice for a Home Page on both my computer and iPad Mini is MY YAHOO which is formatted to show News, Sports, Weather in two cities, and a single Stocks entry. Whenever I open Safari, it opens with My Yahoo.

Not so on my iPhone. It opens with the last page I viewed.

How do I set a Home Page for Safari on an iPhone 5? On the computer, Safari/Preferences/General makes it easy. There doesn't seem to be anything in the phone's Settings/Safari relating to a Home Page. Even after I started with a blank page and typed in the http url, got a Yahoo page (not My Yahoo), and used the boxed arrow icon to bookmark the page. I then selected 'desktop' vs 'mobile and got my personal version of My Yahoo. That's the one I want as my Home Page.

I opened a couple of links the usual way and then left Safari to check Mail. When I came back to Safari, it opened with the last page I had read!

Go to the page you want as your home page, then touch the action button at the bottom of the screen. From the options select "Add to home screen". You'll get an icon on the home screen. Touch that to open Safari at your selected page.

Go to the page you want as your home page, then touch the action button at the bottom of the screen. From the options select "Add to home screen". You'll get an icon on the home screen. Touch that to open Safari at your selected page.

Thanks Kevin, that works.