What's new

Runner Creates 13-Mile-Long Apple Logo in Tokyo in Honour of Steve Jobs

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Tokyo_runner_thanks_to_Steve.JPG

Everyone reacted to the news of Steve Jobs resigning as Apple CEO in their own way, but possibly the best thing I’ve seen so far comes from Tokyo-based Apple aficionado Joseph Tame, who we’ve featured previously when he ran the Tokyo marathon this year and filmed his run with his iRun harness invention fitted with several different iPhone and iPads. In honour of Steve Jobs and to thank him for all he has done, Cnet’s Crave blog reports that Tame ran a half-marathon (13 miles) round Tokyo in just two hours, in a bid to create the shape of the Apple logo, using the RunKeeper app to keep track of his route, which it then traced automatically on his iPhone via the app. Tame began his run near the Imperial Palace, continued on through Roppongi, then on through Shinjuku and Kagurazaka. Tame explained to New Launches why he is so passionate about Apple and the iPhone:

“Having an iPhone really has changed my life here in Tokyo. It means I can go anywhere without getting lost…. Whilst I’m sure this would make a big difference back home in the UK, here in Japan it’s like a lifeline (even more so now it can warn me when an earthquake is about to hit).”

Source: Tokyo runner makes 13-mile Apple logo for Jobs | Crave - CNET
A 21km long Apple logo pays tribute to Steve Jobs

i read this yesterday. the runner is good and thoughtful...i know steve would have a smile on his face