What's new

Rumoured 6.5-Inch iPhone X Plus to Have Dual SIM and Gold Colour Option

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Rumoured 6.5-inch iPhone said to have dual SIMs and gold colour option.JPG

According to a new report from Bloomberg today, via MacRumors, Apple is set to release three new iPhones in 2018, including “the largest iPhone ever,” a new iPhone X model with a 6.5-inch screen. This backs up recent similar reports from other good sources.

MacRumors says that Apple wants to offer “a model for everyone,” including two iPhone X models and a less expensive 6.1-inch iPhone with an LCD display.

According to this latest report from Bloomberg (and KGI Securities’ Ming-Chi Kuo in previous reports), all three of the new iPhones will have Face ID, meaning that all three will have a TrueDepth camera system, and, hence, a notch at the top of the display. All three phones will have edge-to-edge displays.

The two higher-end phones will have A12 processors, and at least one of the models will have a gold colour variant option. All of the models will have glass backs for wireless charging. The two more expensive models will both have stainless steel edges, and the cheaper model will have aluminum edges.

The 6.5-inch iPhone could possibly have a dual SIM feature to make it easier for users to switch carriers when travelling, but Bloomberg says that Apple is yet to make a final decision on this.

Meanwhile, as MacRumors also reports, the first images of what is claimed to be a leaked part from the forthcoming 6.5-inch iPhone appeared over the weekend, with the display unit from the phone being photographed at the LG Display plant in Vietnam. While there is no way of knowing if this image is genuine, LG Display is thought to be producing the 6.5-inch displays for Apple, so it would certainly be the right location.

Source: Apple’s 6.5-Inch 'iPhone X Plus' Said to Have 1242 x 2688 Resolution, Could Come With Dual-SIM and Gold Color Option

I'm glad to hear that Apple wants a size for everybody, as I know several people who want to upgrade their iPhone SE phones with new phones that are the same size as their old phones.

I'm happy to see Apple finally reach a broad spectrum of customers from the budget line all the way up to the top of the line!