What's new

Rumour: Next iPhone to be in Many Different Colours and Sizes

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
8270-iphone-5-1.JPG

AppleInsider reports that Topeka Capital Markets analyst Brian White has told investors today that he has heard from his industry sources that Apple’s next iPhone, which he refers to as the “iPhone 5S”, could be launched as soon as this June. White also heard from his sources that the next iPhone could come in up to eight colours, namely the same colours as the iPod nano, which are pink, yellow, blue, green, purple, silver, slate and (Product)Red for AIDS research. Not only that, but White also says that he has heard that the next iPhone could also come in several different sizes.

"We believe this is about to change with the next iPhone offering different screen sizes that we believe will allow Apple to better bifurcate the market and expand its reach," said White. "This eventually opens up the possibility for a lower-priced iPhone (i.e., iPhone mini) with a smaller screen size that could allow Apple to further penetrate markets such as China and open up opportunities in India."
This is not the first time that we’ve heard the different-coloured iPhone rumours, and I think they would be incredibly popular with consumers.

[FONT=&quot]Source: [/FONT]Rumor: Apple's next iPhones to debut this summer in more sizes, colors

The different colors would be AWESOME! Especially to get more interest in the younger generations!

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

I suppose the colors would be nice. But as ALWAYS.... Mine will be in the otterbox case. A lot of people still carry them around bare( too precious for that to me) But I'm more interested in additional features.... But time will tell

I suppose the colors would be nice. But as ALWAYS.... Mine will be in the otterbox case. A lot of people still carry them around bare( too precious for that to me) But I'm more interested in additional features.... But time will tell

Agreed!

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

Problem is, if they choose the colors that the have for the iPods then to me it's a wash...I get some people love pastel colors but have like a dark blur or a crimson red....not this flowery stuff

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Another gimmick by apple, they surely could've make the 5 color based, it's part of their marketing plan.

while that would be cool, i dont really see that happening.

arent the phones itself limited during launch? like for example a store is only suppose to carry x amount normally. if they have different sizes and colors, wouldnt that mean they would need to make MORE to satsfy all the demand? and what if you are set on one specific color / size, u line up for hours and its sold out, would that force you to buy a different one?

not really sure maybe im just being a too optimistic.

I doubt they will go that far when you already have a great customer base!! People will just buy a colored case! Plus like the last reply in this thread ; how can you meet that demand with so many colors, if people wAnt special colors then make an optional ordering system.

If it were left up to me, all the idevices and their accessories would only come in black.

staticmap

I think there is more important to change than colours..