What's new

Rumour: Apple Said to be Investigating Recent Leak of Rear Touch ID iPhones

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple said to be investingating latest iPhone 8 leaks.JPG

Noted leaker Benjamin Geskin has today tweeted that he has heard from one of his sources that Apple has started an investigation into the leak of pictures of what were said to be a shipment of new iPhone display modules and casing. The shipping company source that provided those pictures said at the time, “Lately we’ve seen a huge influx of the iPhones with the Touch ID on the back, probably a few pallets per day.” The source went on to say, “definitely it’s mass production. Test is usually only a few. This is more than a test.”

According to Geskin’s post today, following this leak from the shipping company, “all camera phones will be banned on check floor.”

The fact that Apple has apparently moved so swiftly to shut down this particular leak source suggests that the images, which show iPhone models with the Touch ID sensor on the rear, could well be genuine. Or could it just be Apple trying to confuse us all and keep us all guessing, as usual?

Source: Benjamin Geskin on Twitter

Well, that's the most depressing thing I have read today

That's horrible if apple ship this design out people are not going to buy it

My brother switched from the IP6 to android S8 with rear fingerprint scanner. He told me it took him about a week to get used to the rear sensor, but now he says it doesn't bother him. He was a iPhone user for many years. Might just take a while to get used to a rear fingerprint scanner.

Firstly l very surprised that people working for Apple don't have it written somewhere you work, your phone stays in your car or in our office. Goodbye.
No more photos Job done.
If this photo turns out to be real, l reckon it will be fully ok. Much better than what we have now.
What ! Brixtonboy supporting Apple must have misread that.
Just playing for 2 minutes and l can control my iPhone 7 better from the back.
I am left handed, hold the phone in the right press the button with my left.
Now l can do it with either single hand.

I can hold the phone with either hand and operate it with either hand. Hope makes some kind of sense.

Ideally if l was in the market for this iPhone the Touch ID should be were the Apple logo is on my 7
IMG_2311.JPG

The perfect Apple