What's new

"Ringers And Alerts PROBLEM!"

phreshgunz

Reaction score
BIG PROBLEM!

Okay you know the ringer and alert options in the sound setting right? Well, everytime i boost the volume up for the ringtone, when i click settings to back out, i come back in and the volume is down. Like, what is wrong? The volume for my ringtones now is so low i cant hear when people call me now! BIG PROBLEM! Many people has experienced this problem and from what i'm hearing it's an i.o.s 5.1.1 bug. Apple needs to get it together this minor bugs will lose customers! Already reseted and everything & the problem is still at hand. Any help guys?

Yes, that's a "non-common" bug assosiated w/ iOS 5.1.1. Will Apple lose customers over it... I doubt it.

They actually HAVE lost customers on this problem. Go do your research it's all over the apple site, but blabbing about this isin't going to answer nor help my problem. I need help, not distinctive feedback that has nothing to do with my problem at task, thanks.

The glitch is normally resolved w/ a fresh restore as a "New Device." Restoring from a backup will only carry over whatever causes the glitch from the previous iOS installation. And... do you have a link to the "... all over Apple site" you're refering to? So, I can conduct said research, thanks.

Thomas, your saying if i refresh it as a new device, the problem will be fixed? So after i do that "new refresh," can i use my old backup & restore my data, or by bringing back the old data it will bring back my problem?

Yes, restoring as a new device puts a clean iOS version back on your iDevice. Unfortunately, the backup you have is pretty much useless now. You can, however, be sure to have your contacts, pics, notes, all that good stuff synced properly w/ iTunes... that way it can be manually recovered after the fresh restore. Contacts are usually the most difficult w/ users, for some reason. In iTunes, click your iPhone on the left column... then select contacts from the top and choose an email acct to sync it with.

Okay so how will i be able to sync my pics, notes & others if i can't use my backup? Does it automatically sync once i plug in my phone to itunes?

Okay so how will i be able to sync my pics, notes & others if i can't use my backup? Does it automatically sync once i plug in my phone to itunes?
In iTunes... there's options along the top after your phones Summary page to sync Apps, contacts, music, etc.

Thanks Thomas, but does this mean i'll have to unjailbreak? Or when i do the refresh the jailbreak will automatically be removed?

Thanks Thomas, but does this mean i'll have to unjailbreak? Or when i do the refresh the jailbreak will automatically be removed?
The iTunes restore will wipe your JB during the restore process. You can JB again later if you wish.