What's new

Review - Atomic Hybrid case

corndog

Reaction score
Just my two cents. I had looked at some of the responses people have given about this case and some were pretty negative, but I went for it anyway. I thought the price was pretty steep but once I received it, I saw why - it looks too slick to be cheap. It took 7 days from the time I ordered for it to be delivered, which is ok because I figured it would be 10 minimum, so it was a nice surprise.

Putting it on was pretty easy, and once I got it put together I was really impressed. I also bought the carbon fiber back sticker (not sure if it's real CF but it feels like it) with the apple logo cut out and it makes it look even sexier.

As for signal interference, there isn't any. I haven't noticed any drops in signal or data/gps capabilities.

Pics below, sorry they're crappy, I took them with my Blackberry. I haven't seen any yellow/black Atomic case pics anywhere so I wanted to show it off.

The only thing that I was disappointed in was the color of the aluminum side plate, it wasn't a canary-yellow as it looked in the pictures on their website, it looks darker. But regardless, it looks good.

IMO, it was worth the money.

Attachments

• $atomicfront.jpg
    $atomicfront.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 997
  • $atomicback.jpg
    $atomicback.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 991
  • $atomicside.jpg
    $atomicside.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 979
Good to hear. I have been thinking about that one. Haven't decided which way to go yet but that is encouraging to hear.

i have stayed away from this one cause the cutout on the bottom is so deep, will it work in docks or third party connectors.

i have stayed away from this one cause the cutout on the bottom is so deep, will it work in docks or third party connectors.

Yeah, I'd think it's a bit deep for docks or 3rd party connectors, but I haven't personally tried any. I measured the depth and it is 5mm, hope that helps anyone wondering.

Headphones/earbuds may be a problem too, I can see them not fitting if they have the right-angled connector. The depth of the area with the headphone jack is 4mm.

Where can i buy one of these cases? And whats the price?

I've heard a lot of mixed reviewed on the Atomic case, so I'd like to clear up the confusion. As a tech blogger, I've done my research and the new hybrid composite cases are the answer. The manufacturing of these elements has solved Atomic's earlier issues with signal detection, and actually, the new hybrid case PROMOTES GPS, signal strength. I got my silver and black through ebay store and have gotten countless compliments. There a few different sellers, but the one I went through is here. Get the back case too it truly completes the case.

Checkout the icasenow store on ebay. They sell them for $79.88. Steep, but def worth it!