What's new

reverse jailbreak. update firmware,rejailbreak possible?

rickyfish

Reaction score
Ihave a jailbroken iphone 3gs on ver 4 firmware and would like to update firmware to get apps like facebook twitter etc can someone tell me if it is possible to do this and if so the safest way to do it

Thanks

The iPhone 3GS supports Apple's latest iOS version, iOS 6.0. However, there isn't a "stable" Jailbreak available for it yet. If the Jailbreak isn't a deal breaker for you... make sure you have all your information Sync'd properly via iTunes... and hit the "Restore" button.

THANKS
Itake it that means it is possible so could i reset phone load ios 5.1 then use jailbreak for that version ?

No...not unless you have your SHSH blobs saved...

THANKSItake it that means it is possible so could i reset phone load ios 5.1 then use jailbreak for that version ?
As Bula stated above... the only way to update to any iOS 5.x.x version is if you have SHSH's for that specific iOS version. Since you're currently Jailbroke, chances are you're using Cydia. On Cydia's home screen... what iOS versions are listed atop the screen?

Hi Cydia screen says ios 4.1

hope that helps ??

rickyfish said:
Hi Cydia screen says ios 4.1

hope that helps ??

If blobs for iOS 4.1 are all you have, you will, unfortunately, not be able to restore to iOS 5.1.1. The only version you'll be able to restore to is iOS 6.

when a stable ios6 jailbreak is released what steps do I need to take to ensure I can upgrade to that ?

Thanks for all info so far

This main thing you'll need to worry about... it having all of your iPhone's data sync'd somewhere. When you, eventually, update to iOS 6 you're going to have two options. Update & restore from a backup... or restore it as a New Device. Restoring from an older iOS version's backup that was Jailbroken at the time will cause many unforseen issues w/ your new iOS. So, be sure to have your contacts sync'd to an email account, etc.