What's new

Restoring...what to do after?

Ironbutterfly

Reaction score
Good morning all, I have a new iphone 4 locked to Telus. I restored the phone and upgraded to 4.3.5 versionware. Now all I get is "no sim installed". My question is do I have to have an activated Telus sim to go any further with setting up the phone? I am in a remote area and won't be getting to a Telus shop any time soon, so I'm wanting to just use the phone for everything else until I can get a new micro-sim. Is this possible or do I have to have the sim card? Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Gubro

Reaction score
Well, you should have a Telus sim to activate the phone anyway.

OJsakila

Reaction score
Phone was working before u upgraded?
Now it doesnt? Strange...Maybe a bad file? Re-do?

if all else fails, restore.

OP
I

Ironbutterfly

Reaction score
Hi and thank you for your replies, I bought the phone off of Ebay from a good seller, there was no micro-sim because he had two iphones and kept the sim card for himself. It was working fine when I got it and there never was anything wrong. I restored it because of all the files I was downloading trying to unlock it. I wanted to just start from a fresh slate and wait until I got to a retailer for a sim card.....all I wanna know is do I have to have the sim in order to set up the phone just to use, say...as an ipod and games????

samuelarnold

Reaction score
iPhones do not store contacts to the SIM card, so that's a non-issue. I set mine to sync with Yahoo! Mail so they're always backed up whether I remember to use iTunes or not.

As for the apps/music/ringtones, official policy is something along the lines of "you bought & downloaded it, and now it's your responsibility to back it up".

I have heard of some folks getting a bit of help from iTunes the first time they learn this lesson the hard way. try Apple - Support - iTunes, the downloading section, any question, fill out the form, and I think it says "I have another issue".

g'luck!