What's new

Restoring my IOS 5.1.1 and re-jailbreaking help

sixthsense

Reaction score
I own a factory unlocked Iphone 4 which was jailbroken by me and is running on IOS 5.1.1
Last 2 weeks I am experiencing frequent safari crashes while browsing.
Also scrolling and zooming functions are slow at times on safari

So I wanted a fresh install of IOS 5.1.1 and jailbreak it again
Tried with redsn0w, tiny umbrella, ireb etc
but no use, i tunes gives errors while verifying the STOCK and even the redsn0w's custom OS.

could u pls help me out on this issue.
I dont want an IOS 6.0 as long as jailbreak isnt available

You need your SHSH blobs in order to do a fresh restore of ios 5.1.1 since apple has stopped singing that firmware.

You need to use RedSn0ws restore function to retrieve the SHSH blobs locally or remotely and stitch and install the iOS for you using a workaround. There's a catch. If your device came with 5.1.1 and you didn't do a full restore to 5.1.1 yourself OR if you updated your iOS using the OTA method, your blobs won't work

You need to use RedSn0ws restore function to retrieve the SHSH blobs locally or remotely and stitch and install the iOS for you using a workaround. There's a catch. If your device came with 5.1.1 and you didn't do a full restore to 5.1.1 yourself OR if you updated your iOS using the OTA method, your blobs won't work

Thanks for reply
My iphone 4 is more than a yr old, came with Ios 4.1 or so (dont remember exactly)
I have been upgrading and jailbreaking it each time and I reached 5.1.1

I have SSH blobs saved, i used tinyumbrella to save it
Last time I had used them to jailbreak with the help of another iphone geek
I am not much familiar with such technical stuffs

I had used redsn0w to stitch custom firware with saved as well as remote blobs
But no firmware worked

Any help? I had errors 3194 and 1600 during my restore multiple no of times
But no much solution for those on google

3194 requires you to remove any and all lines of gs.apple.com and to delete the host.umbrella file if applicable. 160X errors often refer to driver errors. You'd need to reinstall the drivers for your iPhone and even iTunes.

3194 requires you to remove any and all lines of gs.apple.com and to delete the host.umbrella file if applicable. 160X errors often refer to driver errors. You'd need to reinstall the drivers for your iPhone and even iTunes.

can u provide me step by step giude ?
Like how to start, whether use custom firmware, keep tiny umbrella TSS server runing , or use redsn0w modified server etc etc
Its easy to edit hosts file and delete hosts.umbrella file.......but what abt rest of the story......
different sites gives different answers n options
but none mentions about restoring same firmware !!!

googled a lot !
fed up

To resolve 160X errors, plug in your iPhone and go into device manager. Find the Apple Mobile Driver and remove it from the list. Unplug your iPhone, reboot your PC, once booted, plug your iPhone in again and wait for the driver to install. Then try again. If that doesn't work, remove any and all Apple/iTunes related programs that come with installing iTunes, reboot, and reinstall. Try using different USB ports as well. If you can get rid of the 3194 and the 160X errors, you should be able to restore using blobs. You don't necessarily need TSS servers since it's a restoring of a clean version and not a downgrade

To resolve 160X errors, plug in your iPhone and go into device manager. Find the Apple Mobile Driver and remove it from the list. Unplug your iPhone, reboot your PC, once booted, plug your iPhone in again and wait for the driver to install. Then try again. If that doesn't work, remove any and all Apple/iTunes related programs that come with installing iTunes, reboot, and reinstall. Try using different USB ports as well. If you can get rid of the 3194 and the 160X errors, you should be able to restore using blobs. You don't necessarily need TSS servers since it's a restoring of a clean version and not a downgrade

tried with two other laptops
uninstalled itunes and other apple s/w
cleaned registry
reinstalled
now from error 1600, the new one is 1601
changed usb ports too
nothing works

You know what? Try this.

Start up TSS Server, put your device into DFU mode, open up iTunes, close it, end its process, delete the newly added gs.apple.com, flush your DNS, restore using RedSn0w

You know what? Try this.

Start up TSS Server, put your device into DFU mode, open up iTunes, close it, end its process, delete the newly added gs.apple.com, flush your DNS, restore using RedSn0w

started tss server
entering DFU mode is tough now, redsn0w pwned dfu says no device detected after all the steps
but Tinyumbrella log detects iphone in DFU at the same time, so tats the problem with redsn0w

started and closed itunes
couldnt see any itunes processes in task manager after Ctrl+alt+del

now from where should i delete gs.apple.com
could u be more specific
(I have read articles saying add ........gs.apple.com to hosts file, but none said delete!! )
So pls specify which line of hosts file

and after flushing should i use custom firmwar or the redsn0w cooked one in redsn0w restore ??

Edit the host file and open it up with a text editor like Notepad and delete any lines that has gs.apple.com. Use the one that RedSn0w cooks up using Restore.