What's new

Restore Sam unlock ticket 4S 5.0.1

brvaland

Reaction score
Hi,

I have iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0.1 and unlocked with "Sam Unlock" and saved the unlock ticket with redsn0w.

Just wondering if I can upgrade to iOS 5.1.1, jailbreak and restore the Sam unlock ticket. Will this work?

Have anyone tried this ?

brvaland said:
Hi,

I have iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0.1 and unlocked with "Sam Unlock" and saved the unlock ticket with redsn0w.

Just wondering if I can upgrade to iOS 5.1.1, jailbreak and restore the Sam unlock ticket. Will this work?

Have anyone tried this ?

Yup.

Baseband does not matter.

Update, and jailbreak with redsn0w using to restore the lockdown folder.

Watch a YouTube video or something.

Thanks for your reply.

If I upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 then it will also upgrade baseband, is it possible to preserve the baseband of iOS 5.0.1?

I'm asking this because I have Gevey ultra s that works with iOS 5.0.1, so wanted to keep this unlock option incase in future I need to change the carrier or sim then I can use this option ?

Please advise?

Thanks for your reply.

If I upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 then it will also upgrade baseband, is it possible to preserve the baseband of iOS 5.0.1?

I'm asking this because I have Gevey ultra s that works with iOS 5.0.1, so wanted to keep this unlock option incase in future I need to change the carrier or sim then I can use this option ?

Please advise?

You can preserve baseband by restoring a custom firmware made with Sn0wbreeze or Redsn0w.

Jmills87 said:
You can preserve baseband by restoring a custom firmware made with Sn0wbreeze or Redsn0w.

Doesn't really need to preserve baseband. Wouldn't matter if he did...but doesnt have to either. The SAM unlock works on all BB versions. You can upgrade your BB only of you saved the activation ticket.

Doesn't really need to preserve baseband. Wouldn't matter if he did...but doesnt have to either. The SAM unlock works on all BB versions. You can upgrade your BB only of you saved the activation ticket.

If you read his last post he said that he wants to preserve baseband so that in case he ends up using a different carrier in the future, he can still unlock with his Gevey SIM.

That being said, I forgot that he had a 4S so he can't preserve baseband anyway and the Gevey Ultra S works with all current basebands as well.

Jmills87 said:
If you read his last post he said that he wants to preserve baseband so that in case he ends up using a different carrier in the future, he can still unlock with his Gevey SIM.

That being said, I forgot that he had a 4S so he can't preserve baseband anyway and the Gevey Ultra S works with all current basebands as well.

I see I see.