What's new

Replacing iphone 4 screen

I had a cracked phone and just took the screen off so everything is OEM I am using. The screen I bought was off ebay but it is apple screen and back cover so I would assume it is OEM. I posted a picture in the op and the left black strip(which is the one on the backside) is the one that snapped off.

What I am about to suggest is not right, and not virtuous, but I have done this before only once. Do not blame me if you get shot or sued because you followed my suggestions. Disclaimer end. So you can send it back to them and say it was already like that, but otherwise I see no other way out. When replacing internal parts on apple products, be super duper careful, because, as u probably know, it is really really easy to snap almost anything in there.

Yea, thought about that but not sure I will. Probably past the return date right now anyway. Is there a fix for this or get around it? Or am I just going to have to buy a new screen/lcd?

uofmx12 said:
Yea, thought about that but not sure I will. Probably past the return date right now anyway. Is there a fix for this or get around it? Or am I just going to have to buy a new screen/lcd?

Unless you know how to electrically fix it, in a factory, you pretty much have to get another one. Sorry.

Does anyone know the cost of replacing the rear glass of an iphone 4?