What's new

Replacement for Hubby

IphoneMommy

Reaction score
Ok so my husband is on iPhone 4S #3 and it freezes and at times the screen is unresponsive as well as apps force closing. Even the stock apps. I call Verizon and they will only send out the same phone. His upgrade date is October 2013. They wouldn't even work with me. Our original purchase date was February 2012.

Anywho. He doesn't want another 4s and would rather just get a 5. Any advice as to what we could do? We would even trade in his 4s towards an early upgrade.

Verizon told me to contact apple but I don't know what they will be able to do other than just replace it for another 4s.

And yes we have tried a soft reset and a master reset. ALSO I had an early upgrade just this week due to the same issue. Verizon tech support allowed my early upgrade. Did I just get someone who wasn't willing to help us?

Thanks for reading :)

~iPhoneMommy~

Sent from my Black, 16GB, iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

Nah. He's more useful to me than technology (which for me is hard to do). LoL. And no "that's what she said" comments to that LoL

~iPhoneMommy~

Ok so APPARENTLY I chose the wrong wording for my title. Sue me! LoL. Sheesh :)

Soooo any advice on my topic other than replacing my husband?

~iPhoneMommy~

Ok so APPARENTLY I chose the wrong wording for my title. Sue me! LoL. Sheesh :)

Soooo any advice on my topic other than replacing my husband?

~iPhoneMommy~

My apologies for getting off topic. I almost forgot there was a discussion at hand. :p

I would suggest opting for the early upgrade that the Verizon rep suggested. That'd be the easiest option.
The longer route I'm also gonna suggest will take a little more work. You could always get another refurb iPhone 4S and sell it on ebay/Craigslist. Once you've sold your iPhone, you could combine what your phone sold for and some extra cash to purchase an iPhone 5 at full price. This way, you can avoid extending your contract and get next years iPhone sooner.

Personally, i'd opt for the early upgrade (less work), but I just wanted to lay a few possible options out for you. This way you can weigh the choices and make your own decision based on your needs. :)

Hope this helps!

She didn't even LET me have the option for early upgrade. That's why I considered calling again today to see what they can do.

~iPhoneMommy~

Oh no! I was telling my hubby. He thought it was hilarious :) he didn't cry so he can handle it :)

~iPhoneMommy~

She didn't even LET me have the option for early upgrade. That's why I considered calling again today to see what they can do.

~iPhoneMommy~

Ok, I mis-read your post.
If you can opt for an early upgrade, I would, but if they refuse, I would try option two. :)