What's new

Removing Icloud acount

shlomihat

Reaction score
Hello, my uncle gave my brother his iPhone,
The email on the iPhone + password I received in order to format the device
(IPhone 4, IOS7),
Now I found out that, in order to format the device I need password to ICLOUD in addition (?)
I'm coming from Android so i'm not exactly understand what I'm supposed to do,
I entered to ICLOUD on iPhone, and he asks for email authentication .. :

As you can see from the photos, no one have such an email
it should be *@*.co.il
but only have * @co.il ,
so I even can't enter to this mail and erase it somehow.
Now, it is one of those uncles which don't have the knowledge about cellphones, except answering and disconnect calls,
so he don't have a clue about that password,
I need it for disabling ''find my iphone'' and formatting the phone.

on android I just make 'full wipe', I can see it's harder here on ios,
what can I do ?

thanks alot.
and sorry about my english...
(little bit google translate....)

Hello, my uncle gave my brother his iPhone, The email on the iPhone + password I received in order to format the device (IPhone 4, IOS7), Now I found out that, in order to format the device I need password to ICLOUD in addition (?) I'm coming from Android so i'm not exactly understand what I'm supposed to do, I entered to ICLOUD on iPhone, and he asks for email authentication .. : https://discussions.apple.com/servl...age/2-23299231-307044/2013-10-05+23.43.05.jpg https://discussions.apple.com/servl...age/2-23299231-307085/2013-10-05+23.43.47.jpg As you can see from the photos, no one have such an email it should be *@*.co.il but only have * @co.il , so I even can't enter to this mail and erase it somehow. Now, it is one of those uncles which don't have the knowledge about cellphones, except answering and disconnect calls, so he don't have a clue about that password, I need it for disabling ''find my iphone'' and formatting the phone. on android I just make 'full wipe', I can see it's harder here on ios, what can I do ? thanks alot. and sorry about my english... (little bit google translate....)
What you've encountered are the new security measures designed to prevent a thief from turning off find my iPhone and erasing the device, rendering it untraceable. What you have to do is get your uncle to input his Apple ID and password, turn off find my iPhone, then enter his Apple ID and password again in order to erase all content and settings. At this point the iPhone will have been restores to factory settings and your brother can then set it up as a new iPhone under his own Apple ID.

There are no shortcuts here. Without the Apple ID and password of the original owner, the iPhone cannot be restored.

Hi,
Thanks for the comment,
as you can see, the EMAIL is basically wrong,
only those who don't understand thier actions will try to register
with email goes like bla@com
it should be [email protected]
he told me the password for his appstore
and I thought it's enough..
but this second account on icloud is totaly stupid,
he even don't remember he made this one,
If it's one of his kids made this,
his account will be locked forever ?!