What's new

Remove PkgBackUp group from contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bab2010

Reaction score
Anyone who used PkgBackup to restore their cydia apps and tweaks facing this trouble or i'm alone in the boat. PkgBackUp is in my contacts as a group contact and i can figure how to get rid of it. Anyone have a cure for this issue? Thanks in advance for any helpfull input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you get ride of the entries in Contacts, you won't be able to restore, unless you have DropBox, go into PkgBackup and tap the circle icon on the top left of the page and then tap Dropbox, login to Dropbox. Now when you do a backup it will go into your DropBox account. When you have to restore after you jailbreak again download PkgBackup from Cydia and then go into PkgBackup , enter your DropBox sign on, then tap restore in lower right corner, and away we go, restoring all your Cydia apps. With DropBox you won't need the entries in Contacts any more, unless you just want additional ways to restore.

I know, and i don't want any of these PkgBackup in my device anymore. My trouble now is that i've save the backup in my contacts before i upgrade the iOS, an ofcourse i backed up my phone in itunes before upgrade, so after upgrading the iOS, i restore my backup which was restored with the PkgBackup as a group in my contacts. When i downloaded and installed PkgBackup from cydia, i directed PkgBackup to my contacts to find the backup files, unfortunately, it couldn't restore, anyway i intalled all my cydia apps and tweaks and that's not my concern now. Now i want to get rid of that PkgBackup group contacts out from my contacts, when i sync the phone with itunes, in contact tab itunes will not list PkgBackup there, and on my phone contact also, there is no option to delete that PkgBackup group form there. Actually when i open my contact book on my phone i'm having
All contacts and right down of it i'm having PkgBackup group. I've open that PkgBackup group an deleted all entries inthere thinking that one it's empty PkgBackup group will desapear by it's own, but not, it's still there. So i'm wondering if somebody facing the same troubles as i do. If yes is there a cure for it or not. Because actually if i restore my backup from my computer it will restore the PkgBackup contact as well, as the PkgBackup contact is still present in my latest backup of my device.

Go into PkgBackup and go into its' setting menu and tap on the box that says "Remove data from addressbook". I just removed them from my iPad and iPod Touch. You will need to go to where your contacts are kept, such as your mail provider and delete them from there, on they may just get put back.

That didn't work for me. I had to download a contact application from applicatiom store, installed it and use the features of that application to remove pkgbackup from my contacts groups. Now i don't have that pkgbackup there anymore.

after searching online for info how to remove the stupid group from my contact i got frustrated so I tried it myself. I removed mine from contact list using windows XP, I believe it will work with other windows computer as well, this is how i did it.

1. Connect Iphone to Itunes
2.Hightlight your iphone on the left
3. Go to info (TOP MIDDLE)
4.check box " SYNC CONTACT WITH", select drop down box "windows address book"
5. select apply at the bottom or sync, let it finish
6.minimize iTunes
7. Open windows address book (start > accessories > address book)
8. REMOVE pakgbackup from the list
9. go back to itunes and click sync

that should remove pakgbackup data from your contact list.

Last edited:
after searching online for info how to remove the stupid group from my contact i got frustrated so I tried it myself. I removed mine from contact list using windows XP, I believe it will work with other windows computer as well, this is how i did it.

1. Connect Iphone to Itunes
2.Hightlight your iphone on the left
3. Go to info (TOP MIDDLE)
4.check box " SYNC CONTACT WITH", select drop down box "windows address book"
5. select apply at the bottom or sync, let it finish
6.minimize iTunes
7. Open windows address book (start > accessories > address book)
8. REMOVE pakgbackup from the list
9. go back to itunes and click sync

that should remove pakgbackup data from your contact list.

What if Im using gMail.
I cant find a groups section
Thanks

what do you talk about guys...?
its so easy..
please think as normally..
you were created a backup file by pkgbackup pro... than you were uninstalled pro before delete created folders of backup...
now ;
go cydia
instal pkgbackup again
than delete backup folders in programsss... (aplications) you will see you created backup files with dates after installed...

when you delete all folders in pro...
your group will delete same time in your contact list groupes...

thanks & regards
balhakan

ps : sorry my bad english...

ps: please dont forget to make respring your device after installed pkgbackup pro...
you must first respring...
thanks & regards
balhakan

balhakan
It is hard to follow but I did as you advised but where it there are option to delete the group that PKBackup it created in the Contacts app?

I do not see any option in PKBackup to delete it.

Please advise
Thanks

Dear n0m0n,
i deleted my pkg backup after solve my same problem from iphone...
but i can say that ;
please don't search any option for delete pkgbackup groups in program...
it looking like as "disk & safe" pictures ...
touch on this pictures...
program will display you that your's last created backup folders as list (you can see that as name & created date)..
after see that information you can remove it easy...
and than when you remove all information from lists...
your contact groups will lost...
i hope i can help you.. bcs my english is so bad...
if you need more help add me on your messenger contact list.... (if you have)
i can explain with detailed...
thanks & Regards,
BALHAKAN

Hi, i had the same issue. i used pgkBackup to back my cydia source and it automaticly saved the backup as a contact in my phone book. after upgrading to IOS 6.1 the pkgBackup didnt recognized the previous backup file..
Anyway, just intall "Multi Edit" app from appstore or Appcake from cydia, then, just check only the pkgContcat and choose delete. (Dont open it, it will crash the app!).
thats fixed my problem.
hope it will help
Omri

What app did you use? Cause I restored my iPad from jailbreak 7.0.6 cause I don't want to be jailbroken any more and PkgBackup still exists in my contact groups.

It's real easy. Just go to iCloud.com on your computer and sign in. Click on contacts and another menu will appear. On the far left column you'll see your groups. Just highlight the group you want deleted and click the gear on the bottom and you'll see the option to delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.