What's new

Remove Jailbreak from iPhone5

dabonz

Reaction score
Hello,

Just wondering fir future refrence if I have to put back my iPhone5 back to Apple Stock it says >>> put the device in DFU mode, and press the "restore" button.

Question How do I put device in DFU mode << in iTunes

Thanks
Dabonz

DFU mode doesn't have anything to do with iTunes unless you're using a DFU IPSW because either your home/sleep button is broken or both are broken. DFU mode is done by plugging your device into your computer, and performing physical button presses on the device highlighted here. The tutorial highlights turning off the device manually, then performing the commands. I personally prefer just having my device on my lockscreen or springboard, and just jumping straight into it rather than turning it off first.

If you will no longer wish to jailbreak the phone just go to SETTINGS/General/Software Update. Update and you're done.

If you will no longer wish to jailbreak the phone just go to SETTINGS/General/Software Update. Update and you're done.

Doing this will mess up your device on jailbroken devices. Evasi0n blocks all software update as well as Erase All Contents and Settings.

Doing this will mess up your device on jailbroken devices. Evasi0n blocks all software update as well as Erase All Contents and Settings.

Not so sure about that. I had done the Evasi0n jailbreak and did just as I indicated above and it worked like a charm. I had been on IOS 6.1.2. Was I just lucky?

Not so sure about that. I had done the Evasi0n jailbreak and did just as I indicated above and it worked like a charm. I had been on IOS 6.1.2. Was I just lucky?

Which version if the evasi0n jailbreak were you using. OTA firmware updates were blocked in evasi0n version 1.2.

Which version if the evasi0n jailbreak were you using. OTA firmware updates were blocked in evasi0n version 1.2.

Doesn't that ad a bit of complication into the mix. The latest version on my computer is 1.5 but I might have used an earlier version because I have every one up to 1.5. Is there a way to tell on the iPhone 5? It is still jailbroken with IOS 6.1.2.

What you describe is simply not not possible with a jailbroken iPhone. If it worked for you, you've done something that nobody else has ever been able to do.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

Last edited:
Well I jailbroke my iPhone 5 and iPad 3 then some months later let the iPad do a software update and had no problems. Maybe its a iPhone/iPad difference that made it work? It was not OTA (Over The Air). It was via iTunes using a Windows 7 PC.

Well I jailbroke my iPhone 5 and iPad 3 then some months later let the iPad do a software update and had no problems. Maybe its a iPhone/iPad difference that made it work? It was not OTA (Over The Air). It was via iTunes using a Windows 7 PC.

That makes all the difference. You never previously mentioned that you update was done through iTunes, which is the only way you can update an iPad that's jailbroken.

You pointed out Settings > General first, now you've changed it to iTunes.

Very sorry. Getting old and forgetful. Just trying to help. 71 next birthday. Slowing down.