What's new

Remote Locking of Kid's Phone - Please Help

moonlightdrive

Reaction score
Hello all. My kid is young and I would really appreciate suggestions for the best application and approach that will allow me to remotely lock his iPhone 7 phone so he can't use it until I unlock it. Location tracking is not a must, but a nice to have. I can't satisfy the need by just cutting off his cell phone service because he would still be able to use the phone whenever Wi-Fi access is available.

I don't want to invade his privacy all together and see all his messages, nor do I need all the features of the spy apps that are out there. But I would buy one and pay for the monthly service if needed.

I currently physically have his iPhone 7, but not his password, so I want to act as soon as possible .

Hoping to get suggestions soon from forum members on what to do next. Thanks!!!!!!!!

If I remember, I'll ask my wife tonight. She's been doing it to my daughters for awhile. It's an app, but no idea what it is called. Both phones have to have it and then when set up, my wife does what you're asking, or set a 1 hour timer, etc.

Even if such an app were available, he can unlock his iPhone at any time with his password.
Find My iPhone can be used to place an iPhone in lost mode and lock it but even then, he can use his Apple ID and password to unlock it at any time.