What's new

Redsnow has killed iPhone 3GS

Foxyloxy

Reaction score
Hi, I am new here and would really appreciate some help. I have been having nightmares with iPhones - my iPhone 4 with Orange doesn't work in my new place so I thought I would use a new 3GS iphone that I got replaced by Apple that broke. I was given an 02 locked phone by them as the original phone I ever had was locked to 02. I unlocked the original phone with BlackRain no problems. I got this new model unlocked in a shop but wanted to upgrade the software to iOS 5 so did this and realised that it would need to be unlocked again so I thought I would do it myself again (I am not techy at all!). I saw lots of posts for Redsnow, so went though the process of doing that and it seemed to work. Until the busy cursor just seemed to hang and the phone never rebooted.I tried to manually reboot it and the apple symbol comes up an then the busy cursor just hangs. Itunes doesn't recognise it. I tried to install it again and got the error on my screen which I hope I have attached to this thread... Does anyone have any ideas about what I can do to restore the phone? Cannot see Apple being too impressed if I say what I did!

Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

• $iphone.jpg
    $iphone.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 342