What's new

Redesigned iPhone 5 to Be Launched in Fall 2012? New Details Emerge

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
4223-bumper.JPG

According to a story on Boy Genius Report today, Apple’s next iPhone will not be released until Fall 2012, the same time of year that the iPhone 4S was released this year. BGR’s “close source” has told them that the new phone will have rubber or plastic built into its case, similar to that which is used in Apple’s iPhone bumper cases. BGR says that it is most likely that the rubber-type material will be used to make a bezel, similar to that of the iPhone 3GS, situated around the front of the phone. BGR further speculates that the new bezel will be used to fix the iPhone’s front face to the new aluminum back, as well as being used to mask the redesigned antenna. By fitting a bezel, it means that Apple won’t have to place a big piece of plastic above the antennas, like on its 3G iPad 2s.

Source: Apple to launch completely redesigned iPhone in Fall 2012

We are all expecting a re design... 3GS was the same and 4S.. so it seems the S models will have the same design and just inside changes then a complete re design.. gives apple more time to think about how the device will look like. I am going to pre order the device 100% lol

i really hope that isnt how its going to look. Rubber bumpers built into it? that seems to cheap to me. Steve will be rolling in his grave if it hits the market based on this article. Im sure hardware wise its going to be fantastic and im excited about that but the design of the phone has a lot to do with why i love it so much. It seem based on that picture they're moving backwards instead of forwards. The "rocker" style volume buttons and aluminum back, to me, remind me too much of the original iphone. Lets move away from that. I love the individual volume buttons currently and the glass back.

Only time will tell and Apple has it hooks in me with the iphone so i'll probably be getting it regardless. I just really hope this article is off on its rendering of the phone.

I'm curious about the iPad 3. I'm on the first gen iPad and was waiting specifically to see what the third gen will have to offer.

I too hope the 5 doesn't look like that. My contract is up for renewal in September so it will make a nice upgrade.

I jus got the wife an iPad 2 for Xmas. She couldn't wait any longer for one. I will definatly be getting the iPad 3 when it comes out now. Just hope the camera get a decent upgrade...

I'm curious about the iPad 3. I'm on the first gen iPad and was waiting specifically to see what the third gen will have to offer.

I too hope the 5 doesn't look like that. My contract is up for renewal in September so it will make a nice upgrade.

I jus got the wife an iPad 2 for Xmas. She couldn't wait any longer for one. I will definatly be getting the iPad 3 when it comes out now. Just hope the camera get a decent upgrade...

How fun will that be if we all get the 3 together. Greg too!

You boys will have to come over to ipad forums ~ :)

going a little off topic but I will say that Jan is the usual month for conferences and new gadgets that are announced? we will see!

but back on topic this is why I dont get contract iphones so I dont have to wait to buy a new device, it also means paying full price each time though (£700) uk pounds.. very expensive two yearly expense! but a re design and many new features is what makes it worth upgrading to. but the thing about no red design is that the original 4 design is very good so its not so bad having it again for another year + all the same accessories working.

Maura said:
According to a story on Boy Genius Report today, Apple’s next iPhone will not be released until Fall 2012, the same time of year that the iPhone 4S was released this year. BGR’s “close source” has told them that the new phone will have rubber or plastic built into its case, similar to that which is used in Apple’s iPhone bumper cases. BGR says that it is most likely that the rubber-type material will be used to make a bezel, similar to that of the iPhone 3GS, situated around the front of the phone. BGR further speculates that the new bezel will be used to fix the iPhone’s front face to the new aluminum back, as well as being used to mask the redesigned antenna. By fitting a bezel, it means that Apple won’t have to place a big piece of plastic above the antennas, like on its 3G iPad 2s.

Source: Apple to launch completely redesigned iPhone in Fall 2012

Yuk, I don't like it.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF.net

I wouldn't sweat the rubber around the perimeter yet. That would be a huge break in tradition for Apple and I would be surprised to see that. But the Oct 2012 release does sound completely plausible.

I wouldn't sweat the rubber around the perimeter yet. That would be a huge break in tradition for Apple and I would be surprised to see that.
+1... Looks as though I have plenty of time to decide if I'm pre-ordering and waiting for delivery... or waiting in line at the local At&t store. LOL!!