What's new

Recovery Boot Loop iREB/Fix recovery43 not working

Vile

Reaction score
Hi! New member here and I have never posted anywhere for tech support before as I have always seemed to be able to find a way to fix the problem myself but now im completely stumped and just hope i can get my Iphone back, but heres my issue (please excuse me being a n00b I haven't used forums in some time)

My Iphone was dropped and the screen was fried so i was forced to get a new one and Apple thoughtfully made it IOS 5.0.1 so i attempted to downgrade back to 4.3 and got myself into a recovery mode loop. below is a list of the things i can remember trying of the top of my head

-iREB
-Fix recovery 43
- redsn0w_win_0.9.9b8

Attempts to restore it even without custom IPSW have all failed due to numerous errors until i eventually get to one i cannot find a way to fix. All help and any help at all is greatly appreciated. a million thanks to anyone who even thinks about helping this poor noob. i will answer any questions as soon as possible thank you :)

Almost forgot to mention, I am running on a Windows 7 64 bit but i have access to a windows XP 32

Last edited:
What iPhone are we looking at here... 3GS or 4? And I take it you want to be back on ver. 4.3 for an untethered Jailbreak?

It is an Iphone 4...and yes if possible but at this point any IOS is great as long as its no longer a paper weight. Thank you for the reply

Unfortunately, since they upgraded your phone to 5.0.1 there is no way to downgrade to any other firmware. Put your phone into DFU mode... then connect to iTunes are restore as a New Phone.

Ive tried that but it only results in multiple errors until i end up with an error I cant seem to fix :/

Hmm... that's the extent of my knowledge sir. There are a couple memebers here that'll chime in here in the next couple hours I'm sure... they're much more knowlegeable than I am regarding this.

...Wow...Nevermind I decided to try it one last time and to my amazement it worked!! I was so wrapped up trying to find a way to save my Iphone i never tried simply restoring without Tiny Umbrella or iREC. You really saved me here! I dont know how i overlooked this ive been trying for hours to fix this and all along i forgot to turn off the TSS server in tiny umbrella...so much fail XD but anyway Thank You!
I have never felt more like a noob in my entire life.

Last edited:
LOL!! Not a problem at all... that's what we're here for. Just so you know, though, 5.0.1 is fully Jailbreakable... only downside is it's tethered.

Yes and i plan to jailbreak (cant live without BiteSMS/SBS Settings!) but i have one question, I know of you can use a tweak to make a Tethered jailbreak into a Semi-Tethered on IOS 5.0 but do you know if this is also possible on 5.0.1?

That I am not certain of... I'm actually curious myself about this. While I'm not too concerned about running strictly tethered it'd be a nice bit of info to have. I'm sure one of our JB gurus will chime in here befor too long and clear it up for us.

I did some research into the subject and found that yes you can semi tether 5.0.1 it works like a charm and my iPhone is proof of that now. And since its just a simple cydia download I dont see why anyone wouldn't want to do it if you already have a tethered jailbreak. Thank you for all your help :)