What's new

Reboot loop.

Noz2

Reaction score
Basically the phone is dead when not plugged in, when I plug it in it tries to boot (white apple screen), then after about 30 seconds of that flashes no battery and turns off, then repeat...... I am thinking to reinstall everything but I don't have a recent backup of my phonebook. Is there anything I can do to save my data? I have tried resetting it with both buttons, other than that I dont know what to do.

The phone is a jailbroken Iphone 3g

See if when you unplug it, does it say on. If so, unplug it, force it to turn off. Then hold the volume up button and plug it back in but keep holding the volume up button until the springboard comes up in safe mode

Just tried the volume up thing, and also the home key. No change from if i plugged it in without pressing anything :( tries to boot until it says that there is no battery... It seems like it cant hold a battery charge maybe?

Last edited:
Even if it can't hold a battery charge, it shouldn't wall you at the no battery screen. As long as it's plugged in, it will boot to the springboard assuming your iOS is intact. From the looks of it, you may potentially have a battery and/or other hardware problem

Ok I put it into restore mode which stopped the rebooting and I guess that allowed it to take a charge and now it is working again. Still acting a bit weird but I got my backup so now gonna start restoring from scratch and see if that will help it.