What's new

Reading an iphone from another computer

Salmonseeker

Reaction score
I need to extract a video file from my Dads iphone. We cannot manage to do this with his PC. I have heard there is an app that I can get for my own PC that would allow me to look into his iphone and copy or download the file (I also have an ipad2 if this helps?). Is this so and can anyone help me with this? I have pretty limited understanding of apple stuff. Thanks very much!

Salmonseeker said:
I need to extract a video file from my Dads iphone. We cannot manage to do this with his PC. I have heard there is an app that I can get for my own PC that would allow me to look into his iphone and copy or download the file (I also have an ipad2 if this helps?). Is this so and can anyone help me with this? I have pretty limited understanding of apple stuff. Thanks very much!

Okay....is this video file located within the Videos.app or the Camera Roll?

I am not sure. My Dad was filming using video mode, but I am unsure where it was saved to if that is your question. I will endeavor to get that info though. Sorry, but I am not in possession of the phone as I write this.

Salmonseeker said:
I am not sure. My Dad was filming using video mode, but I am unsure where it was saved to if that is your question. I will endeavor to get that info though. Sorry, but I am not in possession of the phone as I write this.

Okay, we'll if it was a video takin with the built in camera then it will be in the camera roll.

Getting this off the phone should be easy. Does not a box pop up when the phone is plugged in asking if you want to import pictures?

For some reason, his computer either is not up to the task or is not registered to the phone. I can see about troubleshooting this at his end, but without a long story, this is problematic. It involves the recent passing of my Mom etc. I was hoping there was a way to do this on my PC. My daughter has an iphone registered on it, but I am worried about whether stuff gets wiped or overwritten. I really am out of my depth in this! Thanks for your patience.

Salmonseeker said:
For some reason, his computer either is not up to the task or is not registered to the phone. I can see about troubleshooting this at his end, but without a long story, this is problematic. It involves the recent passing of my Mom etc. I was hoping there was a way to do this on my PC. My daughter has an iphone registered on it, but I am worried about whether stuff gets wiped or overwritten. I really am out of my depth in this! Thanks for your patience.

Download a tool called i-FunBox. You should be able to get the pictures and videos with that tool. Just plug in the phone, open I-FunBox and click on Camera. You should be able to drag and drop anything in the camera roll to the desktop.

Thanks so much for this info. I will get the app and solve this problem. Your help is greatly appreciated here!