What's new

Re- Jailbreaking iPhone 4s

kroko

Reaction score
Kindly advice if it's possible to re-jailbreak iPhone 4s on the below specifications.
IOS - 5.0.1
BB- 1.0.14

It's was jailbroken with Absinthe 4.0 and the owner accidentally deleted cydia from the source. He did try to restore but he is getting errors. Pls advice. Thank you

U can rejailbreak as long a u dnt update to os 5.1. In other words, if u dnt restore, and stay on 5.0.1 yes u can

Thanks. Please help on the steps with Redsn0w.

Easy just download the newest redsnow, open it, plug the phone to the pc, turn off the the one, press jailbreak on redsnow and go with the easy steps

Great,I assume there is nothing to be done with the iPhone,just to connect it to the pc and run it through the redsn0w process. Thanks

He did that and it reached a point where it's asking for VPN password. Please help what to be done next. Any password?

Mark.. He pressed next on that screen of VPN Password request.. Now its stuck on triggering the jailbreak install- not going through VPN connection, Error "A configuration error occurred". Please advise. Thanks

I dnt get it. How did delete cydia in the first place? And how did he get vpn password there is no such a thing in the jailbreak!

I also don't understand.. He went to cydia, source as he wanted to delete some source. He them deleted cydia.. On redsnow, he didn't insert any password.. On the top right there was next which he pushed and went to the next step.

Right now he can't even restore back to os 5.0.1 he keeps getting errors

Wow, so basically he can't get cydia back. Unless he upgrades to 5.1 and when the JB has been released. In short he is in a fix.

You cannot reapply a jailbreak with redsn0w without *unchecking* "Install Cydia".

You cannot install Cydia over Cydia.

The best way to go about doing this is by:

Plug in iPhone
Open Redsn0w
Click the jailbreak button
Shut phone off completely
DO NOT CLICK NEXT, AND FOLLOW THE BUTTON PRESS TIMERS
Just enter DFU mode, and redsn0w will detect the device and start the process automatically.

Once everything. Loaded, MAKE SURE THAT "INSTALL CYDIA" is UNCHECKED. Then click next and your phone will successfully rejailbreak and everything would have been just fine.

mark.elhelou said:
I dnt get it. How did delete cydia in the first place? And how did he get vpn password there is no such a thing in the jailbreak!

The 4S jailbreak on 5.0.1 is basically a VPN hack in itself.

thecreator said:
He uninstalled cydia

I see. In that case, you must make sure that Install Cydia is checked. My bad, my bad.

I don't think this is user error, I think the rejailbreaking process redsn0w uses for A5 devices is flawed. It is not hard to follow the instructions in redsn0w, even for a first time user.

Zig, which version of redsnow are you referring to? A the new version 0.9.10b8b doesn't allow you to go on DFU mode. Once you hit on the jailbreak and install cydia is puts in the installation screen. Thank you all

kroko said:
Zig, which version of redsnow are you referring to? A the new version 0.9.10b8b doesn't allow you to go on DFU mode. Once you hit on the jailbreak and install cydia is puts in the installation screen. Thank you all

Dude......you have no idea. Redsn0w "requires" you to enter DFU mode.

iPhone 4S......I don't know about a 4S but I recently jailbroke my iPhone 4 with redsn0w 0.9.10b8b and redsn0w required me to get in DFU mode to jailbreak.......like it always has.

Zig, we are talking about iPhone 4s.. Not 4.It's totally different from what you are saying.. If you are using the new version you can see the information it's give about iPad 2 n 4s..