What's new

Random water droplet noise

Dentonite

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4 running latest iOS. Every once in a while I will hear a water droplet noise. This has happened while browsing and while my phone has been charging at night. Happens a couple times a day. All push notifications are off on all applications. The noise occurred even while no apps were running. Phone works just as normal and have had no issues except the noise. Any ideas?

Settings -> Sounds -> Look for the one set to "Ding".

That was one of the first things I tried. There are no sounds on my iPhone that make the water drop noise. I checked them all

Mine is doing that, too! It's driving me crazy bc I can't figure it out. It just did it twice in 5mins but I had no alerts on any apps.

Someone PLEASE. Figure this out!! It's happening to me too and it's driving me crazy! It's definitely not the "ding" sound.. It is a single water drop, and iPhone 4's do not even have this sound on here! I've disabled EVERY one of my apps sounds... And nothing helps. Before I throw my expensive possessed piece of equipment away.. Help help!

I have a white iPhone 4s that I bought at the end of Feb. and it is doing the exact same thing. It's driving me insane. At first I thought it was when the battery percentage went down but it's too random. I hope someone figures it out
soon.

Oh! And by the way. It didn't start until immediately after I watched the latest Mission Impossible movie. The exact
same sound bite was in the movie. I know it's not related but I thought I would tell you :)

Joined to say I have this problem as well. It would be great to know what this is.

My 4s just started making the water drop sounds. It's getting really annoying, I would love an answer for this!

Yes mine too.

Initially I thought it was notification from one of the apps but couldn't identify which one.

Strange. Hope someone has a solution for this.

I too am having the same ramdom water droplet noise. It appears no one has any suggestions on here its just a place for us to complain. Do administrator even look into iphone issues. Any tech advice would be appreciated.

Ok this is rather odd that more than one first time poster has chimed with no resolution.

I did some quick google searches. From the OSX side they suggest it is a Skype Alert for when someone comes online. So I guess I need all of you to check to see if you are using Skype.

Yes. The notification settings doesn't work well for Skype.

I get Skype message without receiving alert.

I don't have the drops issue but I do use Skype. We need a volunteer with the drops and Skype to close the app completely and go without it for a day to see (hear) if the drops go away. If you still get the drops, then it'll have nothing to do with Skype.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

I have skype on mine but I am not even logged on so mine can't be coming from that.