What's new

Random gibberish and twitchy display when trying to apply Paste

Totoro

Reaction score
Hi. New guy here. I have a month old iPhone 4. Lately, I have had a problem that shows up when cutting and pasting. Any prolonged tap (tap & hold, like to cut and paste) causes the display to twitch, randomly open/close emails, and/or type gibberish. It comes and goes seemingly randomly. I have reinstalled iOS three timed, the last time doing a virgin reinstall, not a restore. No change. My wife has the identical phone ( although with different apps) and does not have this problem. Every time I make a genius bar appointment, it won't happen, though.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

What do you mean by not a restore? Do you mean you set up as new phone instead of from a back up?

I'm assuming your not jailbroken and using the official firmware form apple via iTunes...?

Got a video camera? Grab it when it's happening, record it, and show it to the Genius Bar people and hopefully get a new iPhone.

I tried restoring from a backup, and when that did not solve the problem I set up as a new device.

Are you using a charger that isn't from apple....I have had other phones that went nuts when plugged into a generic adapter.

Apple 110v outlet-to-USB adapter and apple USB cable. It happens both when charging and on battery.

Sounds like your iPhone is defective then....I would take it to an apple store and have it replaced. If it's under a year old they will give you a new one in the store.

Got a video camera? Grab it when it's happening, record it, and show it to the Genius Bar people and hopefully get a new iPhone.

I can do it with my nano. Hoping it's a quick diy fix, though