What's new

Rage HD Goes free for One Week in the App Store

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
RAGE_out.JPG

Electric Pig reports today that Id Software has some great news for gamers, as it is offering FPS shooter Rage HD and Rage for iPad and iPhone for free for one week, as the result of a promise that Id made via its Facebook page, that it would offer the game for free when it got 100,000 Likes on the page. Well, that has now happened, so you’ve now got the chance to grab yourself a slice of the futuristic, post-apocalyptic, on-rails, first-person mutant-shooting action for free. Gameplay sees the player participating in the Mutant Bash TV show, where you must shoot the mutants to survive. Various updates have ensured that the game now plays really smoothly too, with really responsive controls.

Coming from FPS maestros Id and John Carmack (Doom, Quake), and designed to be an introduction to the forthcoming full console, Mac and PC game, Rage really is a landmark in iOS gaming, so always worth a look, and especially for free!

Click here to download the iPhone version: RAGE for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad on the iTunes App Store
or
click here to download the iPad/iPhone HD version: RAGE HD for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: Get Rage and Rage HD for iOS free | Electricpig

nice...i posted this yesterday in the app section. dont know if anyone grabbed it but the game is good.

I remember playing the free version when it first came out. The HD graphics are amazing...

darkstar2007 said:
Yeah I knew it'd pwn me! Comcast was down all night so i had no other choice. I was afraid if I waited it wouldn't be free anymore lol!

Lol...that's right. I did the same. I Started the install when I was out of the house and it finished within 20 minutes once I got home

iCrank said:
Lol...that's right. I did the same. I Started the install when I was out of the house and it finished within 20 minutes once I got home

Yeah. Makes me want 4GLTE even more. Unless Verizon wants to knock me out of my unlimited data. Then there will be problems :D!

darkstar2007 said:
Yeah. Makes me want 4GLTE even more. Unless Verizon wants to knock me out of my unlimited data. Then there will be problems :D!

Lol...I'll stick with 4g nothing is that important for me to pay more than what I'm paying now

I downloaded both versions and I don't even have an iPhone yet. LOL

Will the HD version run on the iPhone 4 or just the iPad?